I. List of recent publications (on indigenous people in Bangladesh)
- Ahmed, Kawser (2010) “Defining 'Indigenous' in Bangladesh: International Law in Domestic Context”, International
Journal on Minority and Group Rights, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 47-73.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) (2008) Bangladesh: Second Urban Governance and Infrastructure Improvement
(Sector) Project (Manila, The Philippines: Asian Development Bank (ADB), Indigenous Peoples Planning
Document, Draft for Review, January).
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) (2010) BAN: Second Crop Diversification Project (Manila, The Philippines: Asian
Development Bank (ADB), Indigenous People's Development Planning Document, Project No. 40534-01
- Bal, Ellen (2007) “Becoming the Garos of Bangladesh: Policies of Exclusion and the Ethnicisation of a ‘Tribal’
Minority”, South Asia: Journal of South Asian Studies, Vol. 30, No. 3 (December), pp. 439-455.
- Bangladesh Society for the Enforcement of Human Rights (BSEHR) (2008) Legal and human rights of ethnic
minorities in Bangladesh (Dhaka, Bangladesh: Bangladesh Society for the Enforcement of Human Rights
- Chakma, Mangal Kumar; Pallab Chakma; and Makfie Farah (2009) “A Brief Account of the Human Rights
Situation of the Indigenous Peoples in Bangladesh”, in: Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact (AIPP) Foundation (ed.)
Indigenous Peoples’ Human Rights Report in Asia 2008: Bangladesh - Burma - Lao (Chiang Mai, Thailand: Asia
Indigenous Peoples Pact (AIPP) Foundation), pp. 12-61.
- Chowdhury, Afsan (2010) “Hindus in a Polarised Political Environment: Bangladesh’s Minority”, in: Rita
Manchanda (ed.) States in Conflict with Their Minorities -- Challenges to Minority Rights in South Asia (New Delhi
and Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications), Chapter 4.
- Erni, Christian (2008) Concept of indigenous peoples in Asia : a resource book (Copenhagen, Denmark:
International Work Group for Indigenous Affairs (IWGIA)).
- Fredlund, Jessie (2007) “Indigenous women overcome multiple obstacles”, Geneva, Switzerland: International
Labor Office, World of Work, No. 59 (April), pp. 8-11; available at: http://www.ilo. org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---
- Geiger, Danilo (2008) Frontier encounters: indigenous communities and settlers in Asia and Latin America
(Copenhagen, Denmark: International Work Group for Indigenous Affairs (IWGIA)).
- Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh (GoB), Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development
and Cooperatives--Local Government Engineering Department (2008) Preparing the Participatory Small-Scale
Water Resources Project III (Manila, The Philippines: Asian Development Bank (ADB), Indigenous Peoples
Development Planning Document (Draft), Project No. 39432 (October)).
- Gunter, Bernhard G.; Atiq Rahman; and A. F. M. Ataur Rahman (2008) “How Vulnerable are Bangladesh’s
Indigenous People to Climate Change?”, Falls Church, VA, USA: Bangladesh Development Research Center
(BDRC), Bangladesh Development Research Working Paper Series (BDRWPS), BDRWPS No. 1 (April); available
at: http://www.bangladeshstudies. org/files/WPS_no1-rev2.pdf.
- Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (2009) Bangladesh: Indigenous people and religious minorities still
affected by displacement (Geneva, Switzerland: Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC), Norwegian
Refugee Council, July); available at: http://www.internal-displacement.org/8025708F004BE3B1/ (httpInfoFiles)
- International Labour Office (2009) The ILO Convention on Indigenous and Tribal Populations, 1957 (No. 107)
and the laws of Bangladesh: a comparative review (Geneva, Switzerland: International Labour Office (ILO)).
- Islam, Kabirul (2010) Indigenous People of Bangladesh (Rotterdam, The Netherlands: Viewbook B.V.; Photostory
2010); available at: http://www.viewbookphotostory.com/2009/09/indigenous-people-of- bangladesh/.
- Irfanullah, H. M. and M. A. Motaleb (2011) “Reading nature's mind: Disaster management by indigenous peoples
of Bangladesh”, Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 80-90.
- Islam, M. R. and J. O. Odland (2011) “Determinants of antenatal and postnatal care visits among Indigenous
people in Bangladesh: a study of the Mru community”, Rural and Remote Health, Vol. 11, Online Journal, Article
No. 1672; available at: http://www.rrh.org.au/publishedarticles/article_print_1672.pdf.
- Jamil, Ishtiaq and Pranab Kumar Panday (2008) “The Elusive Peace Accord in the Chittagong Hill Tracts of
Bangladesh and the Plight of the Indigenous People”, Commonwealth and Comparative Politics, Vol. 46, No. 4,
- Kabir, Mohammed Mahbubul (2009) "Let's go back to go forward" : history and practice of schooling in the
indigenous communities in Chittagong Hill Tracts, Bangladesh (Tromsø, Norway: University of Tromsø, Master's
thesis in indigenous studies).
- Manchanda, Rita (ed.) (2010) States in Conflict with Their Minorities -- Challenges to Minority Rights in South
Asia (New Delhi, India and Thousand Oaks, CA, USA: Sage Publications).
- Minority Rights Group International (2008) World Directory of Minorities and Indigenous Peoples - Bangladesh:
Adivasis (London, United Kingdom: Minority Rights Group International); available at: http: //www.unhcr.
- Mohsin, Amena (2010) “Chittagong Hill Tracts of Bangladesh: Justice denied”, in: Rita Manchanda (ed.) States in
Conflict with Their Minorities -- Challenges to Minority Rights in South Asia (New Delhi and Thousand Oaks: Sage
Publications), Chapter 5.
- Oxfam GB (2008) “Finding a Voice for the Voiceless: Indigenous people gain recognition in Bangladesh”, in:
Oxfam GB (ed.) Speaking Out: How the voices of poor people are shaping the future (London, UK: Oxfam GB).
- Rahman, M. Ashiqur (2007) “Chittagong Hill Tracts Peace Accord in Bangladesh: Reconciling the Issues of
Human Rights, Indigenous Rights and Environmental Governance”, in: M. Faizul Islam and Syed Saad Andaleeb
(eds.) Development Issues of Bangladesh-III: Human Development and Quality of Life (Dhaka, Bangladesh:
University Press Ltd.), pp. 355-378.
- Sarker, Profulla and Gareth Davey (2009) “Exclusion of indigenous children from primary education in the
Rajshahi Division of northwestern Bangladesh”, International Journal of Inclusive Education, Vol. 13, No. 1
(February), pp. 1-11.
- Singh, Deepak K. (2010) Stateless in South Asia --The Chakmas between Bangladesh and India (New Delhi,
India and Thousand Oaks, CA, USA: Sage Publications).
- Taneja, Preti (ed.) and Felix Corley, Jared Ferrie, David Fickling and Farah Mihlar (section authors) (2010) State
of the World’s Minorities and Indigenous Peoples 2010 - Events of 2009 ( London, United Kingdom: Minority
Rights Group International (July)), especially pp. 114-116.
- World Bank (2008) Bangladesh - indigenous/tribal population and access to secondary schools (draft),
Washington, DC, USA: World Bank, Report No. IPP280 (Indigenous Peoples Plan, April).