- Ahamed, Arif (2012) Bangladesh - Bangladesh Rural Water Supply and Sanitation
Project: P122269 - Implementation Status Results Report. Washington, DC, USA: World
Bank, Implementation Status and Results Report, Report No. ISR7123 (July 29).
- Ahmad, Qazi Kholiquzzaman (2011) Climate Change and Freshwater Resources of
Bangladesh. In: Moazzem Hossain, Antony Selvanathan (eds.) Climate change and
growth in Asia (Cheltenham, UK; Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar), Chapter 3.
- Ahmed, F. R. Sadeque; Ian J. Alexander; Mwinyikione Mwinyihija; Ken Killham (2012)
Effect of arsenic contaminated irrigation water on Lens culinaris L. and toxicity
assessment using lux marked biosensor. Journal of Environmental Sciences, Vol. 24, No.
6 (June), pp. 1106-1116.
- Ahmed, Rokeya (2012) Inadequate sanitation costs Bangladesh BDT295.5 billion
(US$4.2 billion). UNDP-Water & Sanitation Program Report No. 68158 (January).
- Alam, R.; Munna, G.; Chowdhury, M. A. I.; Sarkar, M. S. K. A.; Ahmed, M.; Rahman, M. T.;
Jesmin, F.; Toimoor, M. A. (2012) Feasibility study of rainwater harvesting system in
Sylhet City. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Vol. 184, No. 1 (January), pp.
- Ali, Md Hossain; Ismail Abustan; Md. Ashiqur Rahman; and Abu Ahmed Mokammel Haque
(2012) Sustainability of Groundwater Resources in the North-Eastern Region of
Bangladesh. Water Resources Management, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 623-641.
- Anwar, A. H. M. Faisal and Nur-E-Kawonine (2012) Characterisation of arsenic
contamination in groundwater by statistical methods. International Journal of Global
Environmental Issues, Vol. 12, Nos. 2-4 (October), pp. 302-317.
- Arman, Shaila; Leanne Unicomb; Stephen P. Luby (2013) A Qualitative Exploration of
Factors Affecting Uptake of Water Treatment Technology in Rural Bangladesh. In: Cathy
Banwell, Stanley Ulijaszek and Jane Dixon (eds.), When Culture Impacts Health (San
Diego: Academic Press), pp. 205-214 (Chapter 18).
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) (2012) Strengthening the Resilience of the Water Sector
in Khulna to Climate Change. Manila, The Philippines: Asian Development Bank (ADB),
Technical Assistance Completion Report, TA 7197-BAN (January).
- Bennear, Lori; Alessandro Tarozzi; Alexander Pfaff; Soumya Balasubramanya; Kazi Matin
Ahmed; Alexander van Geen (forthcoming) Impact of a randomized controlled trial in
arsenic risk communication on household water-source choices in Bangladesh. Journal of
Environmental Economics and Management, Available online 21 July 2012.
- Biswas, A.; Nath, B.; Bhattacharya, P.; Halder, D.; Kundu, A. K.; Mandal, U.; Mukherjee,
A.; Chatterjee, D.; Jacks, G. (2012) Testing tubewell platform color as a rapid screening
tool for arsenic and manganese in drinking water wells. Environmental Science and
Technology, Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 434-440.
- Biswas, Shampa; Harald Vacik; Mark E. Swanson; and S. M. Sirajul Haque (2012)
Evaluating Integrated Watershed Management using multiple criteria analysis-a case
study at Chittagong Hill Tracts in Bangladesh. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment,
Vol. 184, No. 5, pp. 2741-2761.
- Cherry, N.; C. Mcdonald; and Z. Chowdhury (2012) Zinc in well water and infant mortality
in Bangladesh: A report from gonoshasthaya kendra. International Journal of
Environmental Research and Public Health, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 171-177.
- Ferguson, Andrew S.; Alice C. Layton; Brian J. Mailloux; Patricia J. Culligan; Daniel E.
Williams; Abby E. Smartt; Gary S. Sayler; John Feighery; Larry D. McKay; Peter S. K.
Knappett; Ekaterina Alexandrova; Talia Arbit; Michael Emch; Veronica Escamilla; Kazi
Matin Ahmed; Md. Jahangir Alam; P. Kim Streatfield; Mohammad Yunus; Alexander van
Geen (2012) Comparison of fecal indicators with pathogenic bacteria and rotavirus in
groundwater. Science of The Total Environment, Vol. 431 (1 August), pp. 314-322.
- Gambrill, Martin P. (2012) Bangladesh - Chittagong Water Supply Improvement and
Sanitation Project : P103999 - Implementation Status Results Report : Sequence 03.
Washington, DC, USA: World Bank, Implementation Status and Results Report, Report
No. ISR5976 (June 14).
- Gunawansa, Asanga and Sonia Ferdous Hoque (2012) Right to Water Versus Water
Pricing: Challenges in Developing Countries. Singapore:: National University of
Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy Research Paper No. LKYSPP12-01-
- Hackenbroch, Kirsten, and Shahadat Hossain (2012) The organised encroachment of the
powerful—Everyday practices of public space and water supply in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Planning Theory and Practice, Vol. 13, No. 3 (1 September), pp. 397-420.
- Hoque, Mohammad A. and William G. Burgess (2012) 14C dating of deep groundwater in
the Bengal Aquifer System, Bangladesh: Implications for aquifer anisotropy, recharge
sources and sustainability. Journal of Hydrology, Volumes 444-445 (11 June), pp. 209-
- Hossain, Md. Moqbul and Mongkut Piantanakulchai (2013) Groundwater arsenic
contamination risk prediction using GIS and classification tree method. Engineering
Geology, Vol. 156 (1 April), pp. 37-45.
- Hossain, Shahadat (2012) The production of space in the negotiation of water and
electricity supply in a bosti of Dhaka. Habitat International, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 68-77.
- Huda, Tarique Md. Nurul; Leanne Unicomb; Richard B. Johnston; Amal K. Halder; Md.
Abu Yushuf Sharker; Stephen P. Luby (2012) Interim evaluation of a large scale
sanitation, hygiene and water improvement programme on childhood diarrhea and
respiratory disease in rural Bangladesh. Social Science & Medicine, Vol. 75, No. 4
(August), pp. 604-611.
- Implementation Monitoring and Evaluation Division (IMED) (2012) Impact Evaluation of
Water Supply and Sanitation in Coastal Belt Project (GOB-Danida). Dhaka, Bangladesh:
IMED, Ministry of Planning.
- Islam, Shariful (2012) Bangladesh-India Water Sharing Disputes: Possible Policy
Responses. Journal of Bangladesh Studies, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 38-49.
- Karim, K. M. R.; Emmelin, M.; Resurreccion, B. P.; Wamala, S. (2012) Water
Development Projects and Marital Violence: Experiences from Rural Bangladesh. Health
Care for Women International, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 200-216.
- Khan, K.; Wasserman, G. A.; Liu, X.; Ahmed, E.; Parvez, F.; Slavkovich, V.; Levy, D.; Mey,
J.; van Geen, A.; Graziano, J. H.; Factor-Litvak, P. (2012) Manganese exposure from
drinking water and children's academic achievement. NeuroToxicology, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp.
- Khan, Mohammad Zaved Kaiser (2012) Ganges basin: An example of social conflicts
regarding water resources especially in developing countries. International Journal of
Sustainable Society, Vol. 4 (January), pp. 158-172.
- Majumder, Aparajita; M. D. Bairagya; B. Basu; P. C. Gupta; S. Sarkar (2013) Retting of
jute grown in arsenic contaminated area and consequent arsenic pollution in surface
water bodies. Science of The Total Environment, Vol. 442 (1 January), pp. 247-254.
- McArthur, J. M.; P. K. Sikdar; M. A. Hoque; and U. Ghosal (2012) Waste-water impacts on
groundwater: Cl/Br ratios and implications for arsenic pollution of groundwater in the
Bengal Basin and Red River Basin, Vietnam. Science of The Total Environment, Vol. 437
(15 October), pp. 390-402.
- Minamoto, K.; C. G. N. Mascie-Taylor; E. Karim; K. Moji; M. Rahman (2012) Short- and
long-term impact of health education in improving water supply, sanitation and knowledge
about intestinal helminths in rural Bangladesh. Public Health, Vol. 126, No. 5 (May), pp.
- Modak, Partha; Seema Modak; Souren Modak; and Sukomal Modak (2013) Development
of Low-Cost Indigenous Wastewater Treatment Plant for Textile Process Industry to
Achieve the Effluent Quality as Set by the Government: Secondary Treatment System.
Paper presented at the BDI/CSAS Conference on Bridging the Policy-Action Divide:
Challenges and Prospects for Bangladesh, at the UC Berkeley, CA (February 22-24).
- Mojid, M. A.; S. K. Biswas; and G. C. L. Wyseure (2012) Interaction effects of irrigation by
municipal wastewater and inorganic fertilisers on wheat cultivation in Bangladesh. Field
Crops Research, Vol. 134 (12 August), pp. 200-207.
- Rahman, Mohammad Mahmudur; Md. Asaduzzaman; Ravi Naidu (forthcoming)
Consumption of arsenic and other elements from vegetables and drinking water from an
arsenic-contaminated area of Bangladesh. Journal of Hazardous Materials, Available
online 30 June 2012.
- Rutledge, Jennifer (2012) Liberalism and International Law: Evidence from the Ganges
Water Dispute. Asian Journal of Political Science, Vol. 20, No. 2 (1 August), pp. 109-128.
- Saeed, Tanveer; Rumana Afrin; Abdullah Al Muyeed; Guangzhi Sun (2012) Treatment of
tannery wastewater in a pilot-scale hybrid constructed wetland system in Bangladesh.
Chemosphere, Vol. 88, No. 9 (August), pp. 1065-1073.
- Shamsudduha, M.; Taylor, R. G.; L. Longuevergne (2012) Monitoring groundwater
storage changes in the highly seasonal humid tropics: Validation of GRACE
measurements in the Bengal Basin. Water Resources Research, Vol. 48, No. 2, Article
- Talukder, A. S. M. H. M.; C. A. Meisner; M. A. R. Sarkar; M. S. Islam; K. D. Sayre; J. M.
Duxbury; and J. G. Lauren (2012) Effect of water management, arsenic and phosphorus
levels on rice in a high-arsenic soil–water system: II. Arsenic uptake. Ecotoxicology and
Environmental Safety, Vol. 80 (1 June), pp. 145-151.
- Van Genuchten, Case M.; Susan E. A. Addy; Jasquelin Pena, and Ashok J. Gadgil (2012)
Removing arsenic from synthetic groundwater with iron electrocoagulation: An Fe and As
K-edge EXAFS study. Environmental Science and Technology, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 986-
- World Bank (2012) Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Project. Washington, DC, USA:
World Bank, Project Information Document, AB6821 (January).
- Yu, Winston (2012) Water Management Improvement Project: P040712. Washington, DC,
USA: World Bank, Implementation Status and Results Report, Report No. ISR5990