- Aklimunnessa, Khandoker; M. M. H. Khan; M. Kabir; and Mitsuru Mori (2007) “Prevalence and correlates of
domestic violence by husbands against wives in Bangladesh: evidence from a national survey”, The Journal of
Men's Health & Gender, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 52-63.
- Alam, N.; Roy, S. K.; and T. Ahmed (2010) Sexually harassing behavior against adolescent girls in rural
Bangladesh: Implications for achieving millennium development goals | Journal of Interpersonal Violence, Vol.
25, No. 3, pp. 443-456.
- Asling Monemi, Kajsa; Ruchira Tabassum Naved; and Lars Ake Persson (2008) “Violence against women and
the risk of under-five mortality: analysis of community-based data from rural Bangladesh”, Acta Paediatrica, Vol.
97, No. 2 (February), pp. 226-232.
- Babul, Parvez (2011) Violence against Women and Human Rights, (Dhaka, Bangladesh: Oikko Prokashoni,
- Bangladesh National Women Lawyers Association (2009) | Violence against Women in Bangladesh 2008 |
Dhaka, Bangladesh: Bangladesh National Women Lawyers Association (BNWLA).
- Chatterjee, P. (2011) Campaigns against acid violence spur change | Bulletin of the World Health Organization,
Vol. 89, No. 1, pp. 6-7.
- Chowdhury, Elora H. (2007) “Negotiating State and NGO Politics in Bangladesh: Women Mobilize Against Acid
Violence”, Violence Against Women, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 857-873.
- Chowdhury, Farah Deeba (2010) | Dowry, Women, and Law in Bangladesh | International Journal of Law, Policy
and the Family, Vol. 24, No. 2 (August), pp. 198-221.
- Cusack, Simone and Rebecca J. Cook (2007) (Review of:) "Honour" - Crimes, Paradigms, and Violence against
Women; by: Lynn Welchman and Sara Hossan (eds.) (London: Zed Books), Human Rights Quarterly, Vol. 29,
No. 2 (May), pp. 524-533.
- Dalal, Koustuv; Johanna Andrews; and Suraya Dawad (2012) Contraception use and associations with intimate
partner violence among women in Bangladesh | Journal of Biosocial Science, Vol. 44, No. 1, pp. 83-94.
- D'Costa, Bina and Sara Hossain (2010) “Redress for Sexual Violence Before the International Crimes Tribunal
in Bangladesh: Lessons from History, and Hopes for the Future”, Criminal Law Forum, Vol. 21, No. 2 (June), pp.
- Department for International Development (DFID) (2007) “Bangladeshi TV takes aim at violence against
women”, London, UK: Department for International Development (DFID), Case Study (DFID website resource,
- Feldman, Shelley (2010) “Shame and honour: The violence of gendered norms under conditions of global
crisis”, Women's Studies International Forum, Vol. 33, No. 4, (July-August), pp. 305-315.
- Firoze, Fawzia Karim; Rina Roy; Fayazuddin Ahmad; and Mohammad Gholam Rabbani (2007) Landmark
judgements on violence against women of Bangladesh, India, and Pakistan (Dhaka, Bangladesh: Manusher
- Gagnon, Anita J.; Lisa Merry; Jacqueline Bocking; Ellen Rosenberg; and Jacqueline Oxman-Martinez (2010) |
South Asian migrant women and HIV/STIs: Knowledge, attitudes and practices and the role of sexual power |
Health & Place, Vol. 16, No. 1 (January), pp. 10-15.
- Islam, Md. Shamsul (2011) “Political Violence in Bangladesh”, in: Ali Riaz and C. Christine Fair (eds.), Political
Islam and Governance in Bangladesh (Milton Park, Abingdon: Routledge, Routledge Contemporary South Asia
Series), Chapter 2.
- Johnston, Heidi Bart and Ruchira Tabassum Naved (2008) “Spousal Violence in Bangladesh: A Call for a Public-
health Response”, Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, Vol. 26, No. 3 (September), pp. 366-377.
- Kalantry, Sital and Jocelyn E. Getgen (2011) Combating Acid Violence in Bangladesh, India and Cambodia |
Avon Global Center for Women and Justice and Dorothea S. Clarke Program in Feminist Jurisprudence, Paper
1 (Cornell Law Library, Scholarship@Cornell Law: A Digital Repository).
- Khatun, Fahmida; Ferdous Jahan; and Anisatul Fatema Yousuf (2010) “Missing dynamics of spousal violence
discourse in Bangladesh - measuring the economic costs”, Dhaka, Bangladesh: Centre for Policy Dialogue
(CPD), CPD Research Monograph, No. 6.
- Menon, Rashed Khan (2009) | Land Laws, Rights and Dispute Resolution -- The Perspectives of the poor,
women and peripheral people in Bangladesh | Dhaka, Bangladesh: Research Initiatives, Bangladesh (RIB)
- Mohsin, Amena and Imtiaz Ahmed (eds.) (2011) Women and militancy - South Asian complexities (Dhaka,
Bangladesh: University Press Limited).
- Naved, Ruchira Tabassum and Nazneen Akhtar (2008) “Spousal Violence Against Women and Suicidal Ideation
in Bangladesh”, Womens Health Issues, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 442-452.
- Nazneen, Sohela; Maheen Sultan; and Naomi Hossain (2010) | National Discourses on Women's Empowerment
in Bangladesh: Enabling or constraining women's choices? | Development, Vol. 53, No. 2 (June), pp. 239-246.
- Rahman, H. (2007) “Forms, Causes and Impacts of Violence against Women in Rural Bangladesh”, Journal of
Social Studies, No. 116, pp. 26-41.
- Rahman, M.; Hoque, M. A.; Makinoda, S. (2011) Intimate Partner Violence Against Women: Is Women
Empowerment a Reducing Factor? A Study from a National Bangladeshi Sample | Journal of Family Violence,
Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 411-420.
- Rahman, Sayma; P. N. Junankar; and Girijasankar Mallik (2009) | Factors influencing women's empowerment on
microcredit borrowers: a case study in Bangladesh | Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, Vol. 14, No. 3
(August), pp. 287-303.
- Sambisa, W.; Angeles, G.; Lance, P. M.; Naved, R. T.; Thornton, J. (2011) Prevalence and correlates of
physical spousal violence against women in slum and nonslum areas of urban Bangladesh | Journal of
Interpersonal Violence, Vol. 26, No. 13, pp. 2592-2618.
- Sarkar, Kamalesh; Baishali Bal; Rita Mukherjee; Sekhar Chakraborty; Suman Saha; Arundhuti Ghosh; and Scott
Parsons (2008) “Sex-trafficking, Violence, Negotiating Skill, and HIV Infection in Brothel-based Sex Workers of
Eastern India, Adjoining Nepal, Bhutan, and Bangladesh”, Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, Vol. 26,
No. 2, pp. 223-231.
- Sayem, Amir Mohammad and Mohammad Aftab Uddin Khan (2012) Women's Strategic Responses to Intimate
Partner Violence: A Study in a Rural Community of Bangladesh | Asian Social Work and Policy Review, Vol. 6,
No. 1, pp. 23-39.
- Schuler, Sidney Ruth and Farzana Islam (2008) “Women's Acceptance of Intimate Partner Violence within
Marriage in Rural Bangladesh”, Studies in Family Planning, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 49-58.
- Schuler, Sidney Ruth; Lisa M. Bates; and Farzana Islam (2008) “Women's Rights, Domestic Violence, and
Recourse Seeking in Rural Bangladesh”, Violence Against Women, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 326-345.
- Schuler, Sidney Ruth; Lenzi, Rachel; Yount, Kathryn M. (2011) “Justification of Intimate Partner Violence in
Rural Bangladesh: What Survey Questions Fail to Capture”, Studies in Family Planning, Vol. 42, No. 1 (March),
- Shahidullah, Shahid and C. Nana Derby (2009) “Criminalisation, modernisation, and globalisation: the US and
international perspectives on domestic violence”, Global Crime, Vol. 10, No. 3 (August), pp. 196-223.
- Toufique, Mohammad Mokammel Karim and Mohammad A. Razzaque (2007) “Domestic Violence Against
Women: Its Determinants and Implications for Gender Resource Allocation”, Helsinki, Finland: United Nations
University (UNU) / World Institute for Development Economics Research (WIDER), WIDER Research Paper, No.
- United Nations Population Fund (2007) “Bangladesh: Community Pressure Groups Challenge Age-old Views on
Violence Against Women”, in: United Nations Population Fund, Programming to address violence against
women - 10 case studies (New York: United Nations Population Fund), pp. 75-84.
- Wahed, Tania and Abbas Bhuiya (2007) “Battered bodies & shattered minds: Violence against women in
Bangladesh”, Indian Journal of Medical Research, Vol. 126, No. 4, pp. 341-354.