- Adelman, Sarah W.; Daniel O. Gilligan; and Kim Lehrer (2008) How Effective are Food for Education
Programs? A Critical Assessment of the Evidence from Developing Countries (Washington, DC, USA:
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), IFPRI Food Policy Review, No. 9).
- Ahmed, Ishraq (2011) Aid Volatility and the Pattern of Education Spending in Bangladesh; Bangladesh
Development Studies (The), Vol. 34, No. 2 (June).
- Ahmed, Manzoor (2011) Defining and measuring literacy: Facing the reality; International Review of Education /
Internationale Zeitschrift für Erziehungswissenschaft / Revue internationale de l'éducation, Vol. 57, Nos. 1-2,
August pp. 179-195.
- Ahmed, Manzoor (ed.) (2011) Education in Bangladesh: overcoming hurdles to equity with quality; Dhaka,
Bangladesh: University Press Limited (UPL).
- Ahsan, M. T.; U. Sharma and M. J. Deppeler (2012) Exploring Pre-Service Teachers' Perceived Teaching-
Efficacy, Attitudes and Concerns About Inclusive Education in Bangladesh; International Journal of Whole
Schooling (IJWS), Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 1-20.
- Ahsan, M. Tariq and J. Mullick (forthcoming); Journey towards inclusive education in Bangladesh: Lessons
learnt; Prospects Journal (UNESCO's journal of educational policies and practices), in press.
- Ahsan, M. Tariq; Umesh Sharma; and Joanne M. Deppeler (forthcoming); Challenges to prepare pre-service
teachers for inclusive education in Bangladesh: beliefs of higher educational institutional heads; Asia Pacific
Journal of Education (APJE), in press.
- Alam, Mahmudul; assisted by Johirul Islam Mullick and Irene Parvin (eds.) (2008) Bangladesh education in
transition : policy, performance, way forward (Dhaka, Bangladesh: D.Net (Development Research Network;
Distributor: A. H. Development Pub. House)).
- Al-Samarrai, Samer (2009) “Education Spending and Equity in Bangladesh”, in: Ambar Narayan and Hassan
Zaman (eds.) Breaking Down Poverty in Bangladesh (Dhaka: University Press Limited), pp. 195-231.
- Amin, S. and S. Chandrasekhar (2012) Looking beyond universal primary education: Gender differences in
time use among children in rural Bangladesh; Asian Population Studies, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 23-38.
- Andaleeb, Syed Saad (2008) “Knowledge Generation in Nation Building: A Vision for Higher Education in
Bangladesh”, Paper presented at the Conference on "Bangladesh in the 21st Century" at Harvard University,
Cambridge, MA (June 13-14, 2008).
- Asadullah, Mohammad Niaz (2009) “Returns to Private and Public Education in Bangladesh and Pakistan: A
Comparative Analysis”, Journal of Asian Economics, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 77-86; also published as Queen
Elizabeth House (QEH) Working Paper Series, No. QEHWPS167 (Oxford, UK: University of Oxford).
- Bhola, H. S. (2009) “Reconstructing literacy as an innovation for sustainable development: A policy advocacy
for Bangladesh”, International Journal of Lifelong Education, Vol. 28, No. 3 (May), pp. 371-382.
- Haque, Ehsanul (2009) “Sun Child Program: providing education, preventing school drop out and breaking the
cycle of poverty for underprivileged children in Bangladesh”, Paper presented at the Conference on Ideas and
Innovations for the Development of Bangladesh: The Next Decade, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Islam, Ishrat and Adil M. Khan (2009) “Education in Bangladesh: A Study from a Spatial Perspective”, Paper
presented at the Conference on Ideas and Innovations for the Development of Bangladesh: The Next Decade,
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA (October 9-10).
- Iversen, Vegard and Richard Palmer-Jones (2008) “Literacy Sharing, Assortative Mating, or What? Labour
Market Advantages and Proximate Illiteracy Revisited”, The Journal of Development Studies, Vol. 44, No. 6
(July), pp. 797-838.
- Kabeer, Naila and Simeen Mahmud (2009) “Imagining the Future: Children, Education and Intergenerational
Transmission of Poverty in Urban Bangladesh”, IDS Bulletin, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 10-21.
- Khaled, Shafi A. (2009) “A Proposal for the Primary Vocational Education Portion of a Two-tiered Vocational
Education System serving Informally Educated Students and Potential Dropouts”, Paper presented at the
Conference on Ideas and Innovations for the Development of Bangladesh: The Next Decade, Harvard
University, Cambridge, MA, USA (October 9-10).
- Khan, Halimur R. (2009) “Population Growth Projections for Bangladesh from 2000 to 2025: Policy Implications
for Education”, Journal of Bangladesh Studies, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 25-35.
- Khanam, Rasheda (2008) “Child labour and school attendance: evidence from Bangladesh”, International
Journal of Social Economics, Vol. 35, Nos. 1/2, pp. 77-98.
- Maddox, Bryan (2010) Marginal returns: re-thinking mobility and educational benefit in contexts of chronic
poverty; Compare, Vol. 40, No. 2 (March), pp. 213-222.
- Maekawa, Tsukasa (2010) Keeping Education's Promise | Manila, The Philippines: Asian Development Bank
(ADB), Media Center, Feature Stories (July 15); http://www.adb.org/documents/feature-stories/2010/ban-
- Monzoor, Shahorin and Dewan Muhammad Humayun Kabir (2008) Primary Education in Bangladesh --
Streams, Disparities and Pathways for Unified System, Dhaka, Bangladesh: Unnayan Onneshan - the
- Moore, Anna C.; Sadika Akhter; and Frances E. Aboud (2008) “Evaluating an improved quality preschool
program in rural Bangladesh”, International Journal of Educational Development, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 118- 131.
- Mostafizur Rahman, M. and L. Peng (2012) Long run effect of education on GDP: An empirical evidence from
BCIM countries; International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, Vol. 82, pp. 95-106.
- Nath, Samir Ranjan and A. Mushtaque R Chowdhury (eds.) (2010) Qualitative Methods in Educational
Research: Studies from BRAC (Dhaka, Bangladesh: BRAC).
- Nath, Samir Ranjan; Md. Mahbubul Kabir; Kazi Saleh Ahmed; Gautam Roy; Awlad Hossain; S. M. Nurul Alam;
Fazlul Karim Chowdhury; and Amina Mahbub (2011) Exploring low performance in education: the case of Sylhet
division (Dhaka, Bangladesh: Campaign for Popular Education).
- Opel, A.; Zaman, S. S.; Khanom, F.; Aboud, F. E. (2012) Evaluation of a mathematics program for preprimary
children in rural Bangladesh; International Journal of Educational Development, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 104-110.
- Oulai, Dramane and Isabel da Costa (eds.); Dilruba Begum; Radha Raman Bhoumick; and Md. Zafar Ullah
Khan (2009) Education budgeting in Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka -- Resource management for
prioritization and control (Paris, France: International Institute for Educational Training).
- Rahman, R. M.; Khan, M.; Zahiduzzaman, A. K. M.; Kashem, N. (2011) Global and local spatial data mining on
literacy rates of Bangladesh; Proceedings - 2011 10th IEEE/ACIS International Conference on Computer and
Information Science, ICIS 2011 Article No. Article No. 6086459, pp. 120-125.
- Rao, N. and M. I. Hossain (2011) Confronting poverty and educational inequalities: Madrasas as a strategy for
contesting dominant literacy in rural Bangladesh; International Journal of Educational Development, Vol. 31, No.
6, pp. 623-633.
- Rose, Pauline (2009) “NGO provision of basic education: alternative or complementary service delivery to
support access to the excluded?“, Compare, Vol. 39, No. 2 (March), pp. 219-233.
- Sakurai, Keiko and Fariba Adelkhah (eds.)(2011) Moral economy of the madrasa : Islam and education today
(Abingdon, UK and New York, NY, USA: Routledge).
- Sarker, Profulla and Gareth Davey (2009) “Exclusion of indigenous children from primary education in the
Rajshahi Division of northwestern Bangladesh”, International Journal of Inclusive Education, Vol. 13, No. 1
(February), pp. 1-11.
- Shafiq, M. Najeeb (2009) “A reversal of educational fortune? Educational gender gaps in Bangladesh”, Journal
of International Development, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 137-155.
- Shoeb, M. Z. H. (2011) Information literacy competency of freshman business students of a private university in
Bangladesh; Library Review, Vol. 60, No. 9, pp. 762-772.
- Tanvir, Mohammad Muntasim (2010) Education in Bangladesh: A continuum of learning or a dichotomous
system?, Development, Vol. 53, No. 4 (December), pp. 475-478.
- Taposh, Deen and Zhenjiang Lin (2009) “Returns to Education: Estimates from Two Countries”, available at
website of Social Science Research Network (SSRN).
- Uddin, Layli; Manzoor Ahmed; and Altaf Hossain (2009) Child labour and education in Bangladesh : current
practices and policy recommendations (Geneva, Switzerland: International Labour Office (ILO)).
- World Bank (2008) Bangladesh - Post-Literacy and Continuing Education for Human Development Project,
(Washington, DC, USA: World Bank, Implementation Completion and Results Report, No. ICR795 (July)).
- World Bank (2008) Education for All in Bangladesh: Where Does Bangladesh Stand in Achieving the EFA
Goals by 2015? (Washington, DC, USA: World Bank, Bangladesh Development Series (BDS), Paper No. 24
- World Bank (2009) Bangladesh - Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project (Washington, DC, USA: World
Bank, Report No. 44827 (Project Appraisal Document, February)).
- World Bank (2010) Bangladesh - Primary Education Development Program Project (Washington, DC, USA:
World Bank, Project Information Document, No. AB5680; April).
- World Bank (2010) Bangladesh - Primary Education Development Support Project (Washington, DC, USA:
World Bank, Integrated Safeguards Data Sheet, No. AC5354; August).
- World Bank (2011) Bangladesh - Third Primary Education Development Program Project (Washington, DC,
USA: World Bank, Project Information Document, AB6477; March 18).
- Zia-Us-Sabur and Manzoor Ahmed (2010) Multiple providers and access to primary education: The case of
Bangladesh; Prospects, Vol. 40, No. 3 (September), pp. 393-415 (An UNESCO publication).