- Abdullah, Abu S.; Sara C. Hitchman; Pete Driezen; Nigar Nargis; Anne C. K. Quah; and Geoffrey T. Fong (2011)
Socioeconomic differences in exposure to tobacco smoke pollution (TSP) in Bangladeshi households with
children: Findings from the international tobacco control (ITC) Bangladesh survey; International Journal of
Environmental Research and Public Health, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 842-860.
- Abdullah, S.; Islam, M.; Islam, S.; Hossain, Iqbal; Samsuzzoha, M.; Hossain, M.; Latif, S.; Islam, F. (2010) Analysis
of Arsenic Concentrations and Correlation in Water, Soil and Aurum by Neutron Activation Analysis Technique:
A Case Study in Bagerhat, Bangladesh; Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, Vol. 85, No. 3
(September), pp. 301-306.
- Afroz, Rafia; Keisuke Hanaki; and R. Tuddin (2011) Factors affecting waste generation: A study in a waste
management program in Dhaka City, Bangladesh; Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Vol. 179, No. 4
(January), pp. 509-519.
- Afroz, Rafia; Rabaah Tudin; Keisuke Hanaki; and Muhammad Mehedi Masud (2011) Selected socio-economic
factors affecting the willingness to minimise solid waste in Dhaka city, Bangladesh; Journal of Environmental
Planning and Management, Vol. 54, No. 6 (July), pp. 711-731.
- Ahammad, R. (2011) Constraints of pro-poor climate change adaptation in Chittagong city; Environment and
Urbanization, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 503-515.
- Ahmad, Jasim; Goni, Md. (2010) Heavy metal contamination in water, soil, and vegetables of the industrial areas
in Dhaka, Bangladesh; Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Vol. 166, Numbers 1-4 (July), pp. 347-357.
- Ahmed, Asib and Mohammad Abdul Quader (2011) Environmental Aspects of Solid Waste Management; ASA
University Review, Vol. 5, No. 1 (January-June).
- Ahmed, Nesar and Max Troell (2010) Fishing for prawn larvae in Bangladesh - an important coastal livelihood
causing negative effects on the environment; Ambio - a Journal of Human Environment, Vol. 39, No. 1
(February), pp. 20-29.
- Ahmed, Nesar; James F. Muir; and Stephen T. Garnett (2012) Bangladesh needs a ‘blue-green revolution’ to
achieve a green economy; Ambio: A Journal of the Human Environment, Vol. 41, No. 2, 211-215.
- Ahmed, Z. U.; Panaullah, G. M.; DeGloria, S. D.; Duxbury, J. M. (2011) Factors affecting paddy soil arsenic
concentration in Bangladesh: Prediction and uncertainty of geostatistical risk mapping; Science of the Total
Environment, Vol. 412–413 (15. December), pp. 324-335.
- Ahsan, D. A. and T. A. del Valls (2011) Impact of arsenic contaminated irrigation water in food chain: An
overview from Bangladesh; International Journal of Environmental Research, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 627-638.
- Ahsan, R.; Karuppannan, S.; and J. Kellett (2011) Climate migration and urban planning system: A study of
Bangladesh; Environmental Justice, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 163-170.
- Akhtar, Nahid; Masahiro Yamaguchi; Hidetoshi Inada; Daiki Hoshino; Taisuke Kondo; and Takeshi Izuta (2010)
Effects of ozone on growth, yield and leaf gas exchange rates of two Bangladeshi cultivars of wheat (Triticum
aestivum L.); Environmental Pollution, Vol. 158, No. 5 (May), pp. 1763-1767.
- Akhtar, Nahid; Masahiro Yamaguchi; Hidetoshi Inada; Daiki Hoshino; Taisuke Kondo; Motohiro Fukami; Ryo
Funada; and Takeshi Izuta (2010) Effects of ozone on growth, yield and leaf gas exchange rates of four
Bangladeshi cultivars of rice (Oryza sativa L.); Environmental Pollution, Vol. 158, No. 9 (September), pp. 2970-
- Akter, A. and M. H. Ali (2011) Arsenic contamination in groundwater and its proposed remedial measures;
International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 433-443.
- Akter, Nasima; Walter Leal Filho; and Miah Rahmat Ali (2010) An overview of approaches towards improving in-
house Medical Waste Management in Bangladesh: a pilot research; International Journal of Environment and
Waste Management, Vol. 6, No. 1-2 (July 6th), pp. 162-182.
- Alam, Md. J. and Mokbul Morshed Ahmad (2011) Impacts of environmental laws on land development and
developers in Dhaka City, Bangladesh; International Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development, Vol.
10, No. 2 (August), pp. 169-188.
- Alam, R.; Munna, G.; Chowdhury, M. A. I.; Sarkar, M. S. K. A.; Ahmed, M.; Rahman, M. T.; Jesmin, F.; Toimoor,
M. A. (2012) Feasibility study of rainwater harvesting system in Sylhet City; Environmental Monitoring and
Assessment, Vol. 184, No. 1 (January), pp. 573-580.
- Bala, B.; Hossain, M. (2010) Food security and ecological footprint of coastal zone of Bangladesh ; Environment,
Development and Sustainability, Vol. 12, No. 4 (August), pp. 531-545.
- Bala, B.; Hossain, M. (2010) Modeling of food security and ecological footprint of coastal zone of Bangladesh;
Environment, Development and Sustainability, Vol. 12, No. 4 (August), pp. 511-529.
- Banks, Nicola; Manoj Roy; and David Hulme (2011) Neglecting the urban poor in Bangladesh: Research, policy
and action in the context of climate change; Environment and Urbanization, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 487-502.
- Banu, Dilruba (2010) Slum Poverty in Bangladesh: Environmental Causes and Aggravation through Climate
Change; Paper presented at the ADB conference on: The Environments of the Poor in the context of Climate
Change and the Green Economy (New Delhi, India: 24-26 November) .
- Begum, Bilkis A.; Swapan K. Biswas; and Philip K. Hopke (2011) Key issues in controlling air pollutants in Dhaka,
Bangladesh; Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 45, No. 40 (December), pp. 7705-7713.
- Begum, Bilkis A.; Swapan K. Biswas; and Philip K. Hopke (forthcoming) Key issues in controlling air pollutants in
Dhaka, Bangladesh; Atmospheric Environment, In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online 23 October 2010.
- Bergkvist, C.; M. Kippler; J.D. Hamadani; M. Grandér; F. Tofail; M. Berglund; and M. Vahter (2010) Assessment
of early-life lead exposure in rural Bangladesh; Environmental Research, Vol. 110, No. 7 (October), pp. 718-724.
- Biswas, A.; Nath, B.; Bhattacharya, P.; Halder, D.; Kundu, A. K.; Mandal, U.; Mukherjee, A.; Chatterjee, D.; Jacks,
G. (2012) Testing tubewell platform color as a rapid screening tool for arsenic and manganese in drinking water
wells; Environmental Science and Technology, Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 434-440.
- Brennan, Ryan; McBean, Edward (2011) The role of orthophosphate and dissolved oxygen in the performance
of arsenic-iron removal plants in Bangladesh; Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A, Vol. 46, No.
4 (March), pp. 426-435.
- Cherry, N.; C. Mcdonald; and Z. Chowdhury (2012) Zinc in well water and infant mortality in Bangladesh: A
report from gonoshasthaya kendra; International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, Vol. 9,
No. 1, pp. 171-177.
- Chowdhury, M.; Hossain, M.; Das, Nani; Barua, Prabal (2011) Environmental variables and fisheries diversity of
the Naaf River Estuary, Bangladesh; Journal of Coastal Conservation, Vol. 15, No. 1 (March), pp. 163-180.
- Das, Jahnnabi (2012) Environmental Journalism in Bangladesh; Journalism Studies, Vol. 13, No. 2 (April), pp.
- Dubey, C. S.; Mishra, B. K.; Shukla, D. P.; Singh, R. P.; Tajbakhsh, M.; Sakhare, P. (2012) Anthropogenic
arsenic menace in Delhi Yamuna Flood Plains; Environmental Earth Sciences, Vol. 65, No. 1, pp. 131-139.
- Gregory, Neville G.; Paritosh K. Biswas; and Shafique H. Chowdhury (2010) Recent concerns about the
environment in Bangladesh; Outlook on Agriculture, Vol. 39, No. 2 (June), pp. 115-120.
- Gunter, Bernhard G. and A. Atiq Rahman (2012) Bangladesh and the Copenhagen Accord: How Much Carbon
Dioxide Might Bangladesh Emit in 2050?; Environmental Economics, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 58-73.
- Indra, Doreen (2010) Not Just Dis-placed and Poor: How Environmentally Forced Migrants in Rural Bangladesh
Recreate Space and Place under Trying Conditions; available at: http://www.livingwiththejamuna.com/not-just-
- Islam, M. Saidul (2010) Regimes on Environmental Regulations and Governance: Opportunities and Challenges
for Shrimp Aquaculture in Bangladesh; Journal of Bangladesh Studies, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 44-61.
- Jung, Hun Bok; Benjamin C. Bostick; and Yan Zheng (2012) Field, experimental, and modeling study of arsenic
partitioning across a redox transition in a Bangladesh aquifer; Environmental Science and Technology, Vol. 46,
No. 3, pp. 1388-1395.
- Karim, Md. Rezaul; Kazi Abdus Salam; Ekhtear Hossain; Khairul Islam; Nurshad Ali; Abedul Haque; Zahangir
Alam Saud; Tanzima Yeasmin; Mostaque Hossain; Hideki Miyataka; Seiichiro Himeno; Khaled Hossain (2010)
Interaction between chronic arsenic exposure via drinking water and plasma lactate dehydrogenase activity;
Science of The Total Environment, Vol. 409, No. 2 (15 December), pp. 278-283.
- Mamun, Abdullah-Al (2010) Understanding the Value of Local Ecological Knowledge and Practices for Habitat
Restoration in Human-Altered Floodplain Systems: A Case from Bangladesh; Environmental Management, Vol.
45, No. 5 (May), pp. 922-938.
- Mosler, Hans-Joachim; Olivia R. Blöchliger; and Jennifer Inauen (2010) Personal, social, and situational factors
influencing the consumption of drinking water from arsenic-safe deep tubewells in Bangladesh; Journal of
Environmental Management, Vol. 91, No. 6 (June), pp. 1316-1323.
- Pokrant, Bob (2010) The global trade in shrimp and its social, economic and environmental impacts in
Bangladesh, India and Thailand; In: Michael Gillan and Bob Pokrant (eds.) Trade, Labour and Transformation of
Community in Asia (Basingstoke, UK and New York, NY, USA: Palgrave Macmillan), Chapter 4.
- Rahman, Sanzidur (2010) Six decades of agricultural land use change in Bangladesh: Effects on crop diversity,
productivity, food availability and the environment, 1948-2006; Singapore Journal of Tropical Geography, Vol.
31, No. 2 (July), pp. 254-269.
- Rana, Md. (2011) Urbanization and sustainability: challenges and strategies for sustainable urban development
in Bangladesh; Environment, Development and Sustainability, Vol. 13, No. 1 (February), pp. 237-256.
- Rashid, Rumana; Mohd. Hamdan Bin Ahmed; and Md. Sayem Khan (2010) Green roof design strategy and
materials in Bangladesh for environmental sustainability; Melbourne, Australia: World Business Institute,
Proceedings of 4th Annual Asian Business Research Conference held at the BIAM Foundation in Dhaka (23-24
December 2010) .
- Rashid, Rumana; Mohd. Hamdan Bin Ahmed; and Md. Sayem Khan (2010) Natural Green Application
Technology on Building in Dense Dhaka City Is Providing a Sustainable, Energy Saving, Comfortable and
Healthy Environment; Melbourne, Australia: World Business Institute, Proceedings of 3rd Annual Asian Business
Research Conference held at the BIAM Foundation in Dhaka (1-2 January 2010) .
- Saroar, M. Mustafa and Jayant K. Routray (2012) Impacts of climatic disasters in coastal Bangladesh: why does
private adaptive capacity differ?; Regional Environmental Change, Vol. 12, No. 1 (March), pp. 169-190.
- Sharker, M. Abu Yushuf; Mohammed Nasser; and M. A. Razzaque (2010) Examining Environmental Kuznets
Curve for Carbon Dioxide Emission in Bangladesh: A Bootstrap Approach; Melbourne, Australia: World Business
Institute, Proceedings of 3rd Annual Asian Business Research Conference held at the BIAM Foundation in
Dhaka (1-2 January 2010) .
- Sovacool, B. K.; D'Agostino, A. L.; Meenawat, H.; Rawlani, A. (2012) Expert views of climate change adaptation
in least developed Asia; Journal of Environmental Management, Vol. 97, No. 1, pp. 78-88.
- Uddin, Abu Mostafa Kamal; Bernhard G. Gunter; Shamim Ara Begum; Nasimul Haque; and Ralf Ernst (2010)
Climate Change and Bangladesh - Annotated Bibliography; Dhaka, Bangladesh: GoB, Department of
Environment, Climate Change Cell; and Falls Church, VA, USA: Bangladesh Development Research Center (5th
issue: January) .
- Van Genuchten, Case M.; Susan E. A. Addy; Jasquelin Pena, and Ashok J. Gadgil (2012) Removing arsenic
from synthetic groundwater with iron electrocoagulation: An Fe and As K-edge EXAFS study; Environmental
Science and Technology, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 986-994.
- Yamane, Yusuke; Taiichi Hayashi; Ashraf Mahmmood Dewan; and Fatima Akter (2010) Severe local convective
storms in Bangladesh: Part II.: Environmental conditions; Atmospheric Research, Vol. 95, No. 4 (March), pp. 407-