2) List of recent developmental publications related to women in Bangladesh
(for some previous literature, please see: BDRC recognizes International Women's Day 2011
- Ahmed, Ferdoushi; Chamhuri Siwar; and Nor Aini Hj. Idris (2011) The status of women: Some data
in Bangladesh | Journal of Applied Sciences Research, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 805-809.
- Ahmed, Ferdoushi; Chamhuri Siwar; and Nor Aini Hj. Idris (2011) Women's participation in
microcredit programme: Some evidence in Bangladesh | Australian Journal of Basic and Applied
Sciences, Vol. 5, No. 7, pp. 106-115.
- Aminuzzaman, Salahuddin M.; Pratima Paul-Majumder; Kaniz N. Siddiqui; and Arifur Rahman (eds.)
(2011) Policies, Budget and PRSP: Are They Promoting Women's Rights? | Dhaka, Bangladesh:
University Press Limited (UPL).
- Babul, Parvez (2011) Violence against Women and Human Rights | Dhaka, Bangladesh: Oikko
- Chowdhury, Al-Hossienie Abdullah (2011) Socio-Economic Impact of Women Entrepreneurship in
Sylhet City, Bangladesh | Falls Church, VA, USA: Bangladesh Development Research Center
(BDRC), Bangladesh Development Research Working Paper Series (BDRWPS), BDRWPS No. 12
- Corsi, D. J.; Kyu, H. H.; Subramanian, S. V. (2011) Socioeconomic and geographic patterning of
under- and overnutrition among women in Bangladesh | Journal of Nutrition (The), Vol. 141, No. 4,
- Deeba, Farah (2011) Women's Political Participation in Bangladesh | Dhaka, Bangladesh:
University Press Limited (UPL).
- Edmonds, J. K.; Paul, M.; Sibley, L. M. (2011) Type, content, and source of social support perceived
by women during pregnancy: Evidence from Matlab, Bangladesh | Journal of Health, Population and
Nutrition, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 163-173.
- Edwards, C. and S. Saha (2011) From home to hospital, a continuum of care: Making progress
towards Millennium Development Goals 4 and 5 in rural Bangladesh | BJOG: An International Journal
of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Vol. 118, No. SUPPL. 2, pp. 88-92.
- Gill, R. and D. E. Stewart (2011) Relevance of Gender-Sensitive Policies and General Health
Indicators to Compare the Status of South Asian Women's Health | Women's Health Issues, Vol. 21,
No. 1, pp. 12-18.
- Higgitt, Ryan (2011) Women’s Leadership Building as a Poverty Reduction Strategy: Lessons from
Bangladesh | Journal of South Asian Development, Vol. 6, pp. 93-119.
- Hossain, Md. K.; Mondal, Md. N. I.; Akter, Mst. N. (2011) Reproductive health rights of women in the
rural areas of Meherpur District in Bangladesh | Medical Journal of Reproduction and Infertility, Vol.
12, No. 1, pp. 23-32.
- Hossen, M. A. and A. Westhues (2011) Rural women's access to health care in Bangladesh:
Swimming against the tide? | Social Work in Public Health, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 278-293.
- Huq, Abdul and Afreen Moyeen (2011) Gender integration in enterprise development programmes |
Women's Studies International Forum, Vol. 34, No. 4, pp. 320-328.
- Jahan, Fatema R. (2011) Monga and Women: A Case Study from Gaibandha District of
Bangladesh | Journal of Bangladesh Studies, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 11-20.
- Jesmin, S.; Mia, Md. S.; Islam, A. M. S.; Islam, Md. R.; Sultana, S. N.; Zaedi, S.; Yamaguchi, N.;
Okazaki, O.; Moroi, M.; Kimura, S.; Hiroe, M. (2012) Prevalence of metabolic syndrome among rural
Bangladeshi women | Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, Vol. 95, No. 1 (January), pp. e7-e9.
- Kabeer, Naila (2011) Between Affiliation and Autonomy: Navigating Pathways of Women's
Empowerment and Gender Justice in Rural Bangladesh | Development and Change, Vol. 42, No. 2
(March), pp. 499-528.
- Kalantry, Sital and Jocelyn E. Getgen (2011) Combating Acid Violence in Bangladesh, India and
Cambodia | Avon Global Center for Women and Justice and Dorothea S. Clarke Program in
Feminist Jurisprudence, Paper 1 (Cornell Law Library, Scholarship@Cornell Law: A Digital
- Karim, Lamia (2011) Microfinance and its discontents : women in debt in Bangladesh | Minneapolis,
MN, USA: University of Minnesota Press.
- Kiron, Shafiqul Alam (2012) Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index (WEAI)--Case Study
Profile: Seema, Bangladesh | Washington, DC, USA: International Food Policy Research Institute
- Mohsin, Amena and Imtiaz Ahmed (eds.) (2011) Women and militancy - South Asian complexities |
Dhaka, Bangladesh: University Press Limited.
- Moin, Julia (2011) Empowerment of women and their participation in local government politics - a
comparative study rural - urban Bangladesh | Dhaka, Bangladesh: A. H. Development Publ. House.
- Mookherjee, Nayanika (2011) Gendered embodiments: mapping the body-politic of the raped
woman and the nation in Bangladesh | Feminist Review, Vol. 98, No. 1 (July), p. 190 (Erratum).
- Nazneen, Sohela; Maheen Sultan; and M. Mukhopadhyay (2011) Mobilising for Women’s Rights and
the Role of Resources: Synthesis Report | Dhaka, Bangladesh: Pathways of Women’s
Empowerment RPC (South Asia Hub) and BRAC Development Institute (BDI).
- Nazneen, Sohela; Naomi Hossain; and Maheen Sultan (2011) National Discourses on Women’s
Empowerment in Bangladesh: Continuities and Change | Brighton, UK: University of Sussex, Institute
of Development Studies (IDS), IDS Working Paper, No. 368 (July).
- Paris, Thelma; Catalina Diaz; and Iftekhar Hossain (2011) Participatory evaluation of a rice flour mill
by poor rural women: Lessons from Bangladesh | Gender, Technology and Development, Vol. 15,
No. 2, pp. 275-299.
- Peters, Christina (2011) Effects of family planning and health services on women’s welfare:
evidence on dowries and intra-household bargaining in Bangladesh | Review of Economics of the
Household, Vol. 9, No. 3 (September), pp. 327-348.
- Quisumbing, Agnes R.; Neha Kumar; and Julia A. Behrman (2011) Do shocks affect men’s and
women’s assets differently? A review of literature and new evidence from Bangladesh and Uganda |
Washington, DC, USA: International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), IFPRI Discussion Paper
01113 (August); available at: http://www.ifpri.org/sites/default/files/publications/ifpridp01113.pdf.
- Rahman, M.; Hoque, M. A.; Makinoda, S. (2011) Intimate Partner Violence Against Women: Is
Women Empowerment a Reducing Factor? A Study from a National Bangladeshi Sample | Journal
of Family Violence, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 411-420.
- Rashid, Sabina Faiz; Owasim Akram; and Hilary Standing (2011) The Sexual and Reproductive
Health Care Market in Bangladesh: Where Do Poor Women Go? | Reproductive Health Matters, Vol.
19, No. 37, pp. 21-31.
- Sambisa, W.; Angeles, G.; Lance, P. M.; Naved, R. T.; Thornton, J. (2011) Prevalence and
correlates of physical spousal violence against women in slum and nonslum areas of urban
Bangladesh | Journal of Interpersonal Violence, Vol. 26, No. 13, pp. 2592-2618.
- Sayem, Amir M. and Abu Taher M. S. Nury (2011) Factors associated with teenage marital
pregnancy among Bangladeshi women | Reproductive Health, Vol. 8, No. 16.
- Sayem, Amir M.; Abu Taher M. S. Nury; and M. D. Hossain (2011) Achieving the millennium
development goal for under-five mortality in Bangladesh: Current status and lessons for issues and
challenges for further improvements | Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp.
- Schuler, Sidney Ruth; Lenzi, Rachel; Yount, Kathryn M. (2011) Justification of Intimate Partner
Violence in Rural Bangladesh: What Survey Questions Fail to Capture | Studies in Family Planning,
Vol. 42, No. 1 (March), pp. 21-28.
- Siddiqi, Dina M. (2011) Transnational Feminism and “Local” Realities: The Imperiled Muslim
Woman and the Production of (In)Justice | Hawwa, Vol. 9, Nos. 1-2, pp. 76-96.
- Sperandio, Jill (2011) Context and the gendered status of teachers: women's empowerment through
leadership of non-formal schooling in rural Bangladesh | Gender and Education, Vol. 23, No. 2
(March), pp. 121-135.
- Sultana, A. M. (2011) Factors effect on women autonomy and decision-making power within the
household in rural communities | Journal of Applied Sciences Research, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 18-22.
- Sultana, Tamima (2011) Expectations, Realities and Coping Strategies of Elderly Women in a
Village of Bangladesh | Falls Church, VA, USA: Bangladesh Development Research Center
(BDRC), Bangladesh Development Research Working Paper Series (BDRWPS), BDRWPS No. 13