- Afrin, Zakia (2009) Minority Rights under International Law and the Case of Religious Minorities in Bangladesh
| Paper presented at the Conference on Ideas and Innovations for the Development of Bangladesh: The Next
Decade, Harvard University, Boston (October 9-10).
- Ahmed, Nazneen and Jack H. M. Peerlings (2009) Addressing Workers' Rights in the Textile and Apparel
Industries: Consequences for the Bangladesh Economy | World Development, Vol. 37, No. 3 (March), pp. 661-
- Ain o Salish Kendra (ASK) (2007) Human Rights in Bangladesh 2006 (Dhaka, Bangladesh: University Press
- Alffram, Henrik (2009) Ignoring Executions and Torture: Impunity for Bangladesh’s Security Forces | New
York, USA: Human Rights Watch (May).
- Aminuzzaman, Salahuddin M. and Sanjida Kasem (2010) Review of the ongoing project (2005-2009) and
appraisal of project entitled promotion and projection of women’s human rights in Bangladesh project (2010-
2014) of Bangladesh Mahila Parishad (BMP) (Oslo, Norway: Norad Collected Reviews 25/2009; published in
- Amnesty International (2009) Bangladesh: Do not extend Army Act to Bangladesh Rifle suspects | London,
United Kingdom: Amnesty International, Public Statement, ASA 13/004/2009 (21st August).
- Amnesty International (2009) Bangladesh: Welcome Supreme Court and government decisions could facilitate
fair trials | London, United Kingdom: Amnesty International, Public Statement, ASA 13/005/2009 (17th
- Amnesty International (2009) Looking for Justice -- Mutineers on Trial in Bangladesh | London, United
Kingdom: Amnesty International Publications (November).
- Babul, Parvez (2011) Violence against Women and Human Rights | Dhaka, Bangladesh: Oikko Prokashoni
- Bangladesh Institute of Labour Studies (BILS) (2007) Workers’ Human Rights in the Construction Sector of
Bangladesh (Dhaka, Bangladesh: Bangladesh Institute of Labour Studies (BILS), BILS-LO/LTF Project,
- Bangladesh Society for the Enforcement of Human Rights (BSEHR) (2008) Legal and human rights of ethnic
minorities in Bangladesh | Dhaka, Bangladesh: Bangladesh Society for the Enforcement of Human Rights
- Banks, Cyndi (2007) “The Discourse of Children's Rights in Bangladesh: International Norms and Local
Definitions”, International Journal of Children’s Rights, Vol. 15, No. 3/4, pp. 391-414.
- Chakma, Mangal Kumar; Pallab Chakma; and Makfie Farah (2009) A Brief Account of the Human Rights
Situation of the Indigenous Peoples in Bangladesh | In: Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact (AIPP) Foundation (ed.)
Indigenous Peoples' Human Rights Report in Asia 2008: Bangladesh - Burma - Lao (Chiang Mai, Thailand:
Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact (AIPP) Foundation), pp. 12-61.
- Chowdhury, Omar Haider (2008) “The right to health in Bangladesh”, in: Stephen P. Marks (ed.) The Right to
Health in Comparative Perspective (Cambridge, MA, USA: Harvard School of Public Health) Chapter 3.
- Claeson, Bjorn (Writing); Liana Foxvog and Lawrence Reichard (Editing and Proofreading); and Alexandra
Harris (Design) (2010) Enemies of the Nation or Human Rights Defenders? Fighting Poverty Wages in
Bangladesh | Bangor, ME, USA: SweatFree Communities (November/December). Available at: http://www.
- Cusack, Simone and Rebecca J. Cook (2007) Review of: "Honour" - Crimes, Paradigms, and Violence
against Women; edited by Lynn Welchman and Sara Hossan (London: Zed Books), Human Rights Quarterly,
Vol. 29, No. 2 (May), pp. 524-533.
- Culp, Richard (2010) South Asia Human Rights Travelogue | Available at website of Social Science Research
- Das, T. K. and S. M. H. Z. Islam (2007) “Rampant Corruption and the Violation of Human Rights in
Bangladesh”, Journal of Social Studies, No. 116, pp. 54-63.
- Godbole, Girish (2007) Corporate Social Responsibility and Children's Rights in South Asia (Stockholm,
Sweden: Save the Children Sweden).
- Habib, Murshida Ferdous Binte (2008) Child rights and child labour in Bangladesh | Paper presented at the
29th International Congress of Psychology, Berlin, Germany (July 20-25).
- Hannan, Mohammad Abdul (2011) Human Rights of the Aboriginals in the Context of Bangladesh | Available
at website of Social Science Research Network (SSRN).
- Harun-ur-Rashid (2007) “Importance of Human Rights & Proposed Bangladesh Human Rights Commission”,
Dhaka, Bangladesh: UNDP Bangladesh, Policy Dialogue, No. 10 (April).
- Hossain, Hameeda (2008) Critique of the Human Rights Ordinance in Bangladesh 2008: A Human Rights
Commission must have effective Powers (Colombo, Sri Lanka: South Asians for Human Rights (SAHR)).
- Human Rights Watch (2008) The torture of Tasneem Khalil: how the Bangladesh military abuses its power
under the State of Emergency | New York, USA: Human Rights Watch, Human Rights Watch Asia, Vol. 20,
- International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) (2008) Labour Rights in the Supply Chain and Corporate
Social Responsibility (Paris, France: International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH), Report of an FIDH
Mission to Bangladesh in the context of FIDH / Carrefour cooperation, June).
- Kamal, Sultana (2007) “The history of eviction and protection/violation of slum dwellers’ rights”, Dhaka,
Bangladesh: UNDP Bangladesh, Policy Dialogue, No. 6 (February 20).
- Kapaeeng Foundation (2010) Human Rights Report 2009-2010: On Indigenous Peoples in Bangladesh |
Dhaka, Bangladesh: Kapaeeng Foundation (December).
- Karim, Fazlul; Nayma Qayum; Ziauddin Hyder; and Kazi Nazrul Fattah (2009) Human Rights Violation in
Bangladesh: Lessons Learned from the Information Gathering System of BRAC Social Development
Programme | Dhaka, Bangladesh: BRAC Research Report on Social (October).
- Karim, Md. Ershadul and Shafia Akhter (2009) The Role of Local NGOs for the Promotion and Protection of
Human Rights in Bangladesh | In: Farida Chowdhury Khan, Ahrar Ahmad and Munir Quddus (eds.) Recreating
the Commons? NGOs in Bangladesh (Dhaka: The University Press Limited), pp. 249-281.
- Khair, Sumaiya (2011) Child Labour Revisited: Gender, Culture, Economics And Human Rights | Dhaka,
Bangladesh: University Press Limited (UPL).
- Manchanda, Rita (ed.) (2010) States in Conflict with Their Minorities -- Challenges to Minority Rights in South
Asia (New Delhi, India and Thousand Oaks, CA, USA: Sage Publications).
- May, James and Erin Daly (2011) New Directions in Earth Rights, Environmental Rights and Human Rights:
Six Facets of Constitutionally Embedded Environmental Rights Worldwide | IUCN Academy of Environmental
Law e-Journal, Vol. 1, 2011, Widener Law School Legal Studies Research Paper No. 11-09.
- Naomi, Sharin Shajahan (2009) The Legal Challenges on the way to Judicial Remedy in Rape Cases: The
Role of Human Rights and Legal Services Programme of BRAC | Dhaka, Bangladesh: BRAC Research
Report on Social (April).
- Odhikar (2009) Human Rights Report (2008) Dhaka, Bangladesh: Odhikar.
- Rahman, M. Ashiqur (2007) “Chittagong Hill Tracts Peace Accord in Bangladesh: Reconciling the Issues of
Human Rights, Indigenous Rights and Environmental Governance” in: M. Faizul Islam and Syed Saad
Andaleeb (eds.), Development Issues of Bangladesh-III: Human Development and Quality of Life (Dhaka,
Bangladesh: University Press Ltd.), pp. 355-378.
- Rahman, Siddiqur (2010) Human Rights Forum: Climate Change and Human Rights in Bangladesh |
Anthropology News, Vol. 51, No. 6 (September), pp. 30-31.
- Rahman, Syedur (2007) “Towards Institution Building in Bangladesh: Trends in Democracy and Human
Rights”, in: Syed Saad Andaleeb (ed.), Political Culture in Bangladesh: Perspectives and Analyses (Dhaka:
University Press Ltd.),pp. 125-147 (Chapter 5); previously published in Journal of Bangladesh Studies, Vol. 3,
No. 2 (2001), pp. 11-23.
- Schuler, Sidney Ruth; Lisa M. Bates; and Farzana Islam (2008) “Women’s Rights, Domestic Violence, and
Recourse Seeking in Rural Bangladesh”, Violence Against Women, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 326-345.
- South Asians for Human Rights (SAHR) (2007) The State of Human Rights in Bangladesh January-June
2007 (Colombo, Sri Lanka: South Asians for Human Rights (SAHR)).
- South Asians for Human Rights (SAHR) (2008) The State of Human Rights in Bangladesh January-June,
2008 (Colombo, Sri Lanka: South Asians for Human Rights (SAHR)).
- Taneja, Preti (ed.) and Felix Corley, Jared Ferrie, David Fickling and Farah Mihlar (section authors) (2010)
State of the World’s Minorities and Indigenous Peoples 2010 - Events of 2009 (London, United Kingdom:
Minority Rights Group International, July), especially pp. 114-116.
- U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor (2009) Bangladesh - Country
Reports on Human Rights Practices - 20078 | Washington, DC, USA: U.S. Department of State (February 25).
- U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor (2008) Bangladesh - Country
Reports on Human Rights Practices – 2007 (Washington, DC, USA: U.S. Department of State, March 11).
- White, Sarah C. (2007) “Children's Rights and the imagination of community In Bangladesh”, Childhood, Vol.
14, No. 4, pp. 505-520.