- Ahmed, Shakil; Khan, M Mahmud (2011) A maternal health voucher scheme: what have we learned from
the demand-side financing scheme in Bangladesh? ; Health Policy and Planning, Vol. 26, No. 1 (January),
- Akhter, Shamima; Larson, Charles P (2010) Willingness to pay for zinc treatment of childhood diarrhoea in
a rural population of Bangladesh ; Health Policy and Planning, Vol. 25, No. 3 (May), pp. 230-236.
- Andaleeb, Syed Saad; Millet, Ido (2010) Service experiences in hospitals in Bangladesh: are there gender
inequities? ; International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 591-606.
- Atun, Rifat; Diana EC Weil; Mao Tan Eang; and David Mwakyusa (2010) Health-system strengthening and
tuberculosis control; The Lancet, Vol. 375, No. 9732 (June), pp. 2169-2178.
- Basu, Partha; Ashrafun Nessa; Murtaza, Majid; Jebun Nessa Rahman; and Tahera Ahmed (2010)
Evaluation of the National Cervical Cancer Screening Programme of Bangladesh and the formulation of
quality assurance guidelines ; Journal of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care, Vol. 36, No. 3
(July), pp. 131-134.
- Bellows, Nicole M.; Bellows, Ben W.; Warren, Charlotte (2011) Systematic Review: The use of vouchers for
reproductive health services in developing countries: systematic review ; Tropical Medicine & International
Health, Vol. 16, No. 1 (January), pp. 84-96.
- Bleich, Sara N.; Tracey L. P. Koehlmoos; Mashida Rashid; David H. Peters; Gerard Anderson
(forthcoming) Noncommunicable chronic disease in Bangladesh: Overview of existing programs and
priorities going forward; Health Policy, In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online 2 October 2010.
- Bundschuh, Jochen; Litter, Marta; Bhattacharya, Prosun (2010) Targeting arsenic-safe aquifers for
drinking water supplies ; Environmental Geochemistry and Health, Vol. 32, No. 4 (August), pp. 307-315.
- Chisti, Mohammod J.; Ahmed, Tahmeed; Bardhan, Prodip K.; Salam, Mohammed A. (2010) Evaluation of
simple laboratory investigations to predict fatal outcome in infants with severe malnutrition presenting in an
urban diarrhoea treatment centre in Bangladesh ; Tropical Medicine & International Health, Vol. 15, No. 11
(November), pp. 1322-1325.
- Choi, Y.; El Arifeen, S.; Mannan, I.; Rahman, S. M.; Bari, S.; Darmstadt, G. L.; Black, R. E.; Baqui, A. H.
(2010) Can mothers recognize neonatal illness correctly? comparison of maternal report and assessment
by community health workers in rural Bangladesh ; Tropical Medicine & International Health, Vol. 15, No. 6
(June), pp. 743-753.
- Darmstadt, Gary L; Arifeen, Shams El; Choi, Yoonjoung; Bari, Sanwarul; Rahman, Syed M; Mannan,
Ishtiaq; Winch, PeterJ; Ahmed, ASM Nawshad Uddin; Seraji, Habibur Rahman; Begum, Nazma; Black,
Robert E; Santosham, Mathuram; Baqui, Abdullah H; for the Bangladesh Projahnmo-2 Mirzapur Study
Group4, (2010) Household surveillance of severe neonatal illness by community health workers in
Mirzapur, Bangladesh: coverage and compliance with referral ; Health Policy and Planning, Vol. 25, No. 2
(March), pp. 112-124.
- Dynes, Michelle; Aminur Rahman; Diana Beck; Allisyn Moran; Anisur Rahman; Jesmin Pervin; Mohammad
Yunus; Md. Harunor Rashid; Tamanna Gazi; Kamal Kanti Biswas; Sandra Buffington; Joan M. Patterson;
and Lynn Sibley (2011) Home-based life saving skills in Matlab, Bangladesh: a process evaluation of a
community-based maternal child health programme; Midwifery, Vol. 27, No. 1 (February), pp. 15-22.
- Edmonds, Joyce K.; Daniel Hruschka; and Lynn M. Sibley (2010) A Comparison of Excessive Postpartum
Blood Loss Estimates Among Three Subgroups of Women Attending Births in Matlab, Bangladesh; Journal
of Midwifery & Women's Health, Vol. 55, No. 4 (July-August), pp. 378-382.
- Family Health International, Bangladesh (2010) Bangladesh AIDS Program, October 2005-October 2009;
Washington, DC, USA: United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Final Report.
- Ferdous, Tamanna; Cederholm, Tommy; Kabir, Zarina Nahar; Hamadani, Jena Derakhshani; Wahlin, Åke
(2010) Nutritional Status and Cognitive Function in Community-Living Rural Bangladeshi Older Adults:
Data from the Poverty and Health in Ageing Project ; Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, Vol. 58,
No. 5 (May), pp. 919-924.
- Gagnon, Anita J.; Lisa Merry; Jacqueline Bocking; Ellen Rosenberg; and Jacqueline Oxman-Martinez
(2010) South Asian migrant women and HIV/STIs: Knowledge, attitudes and practices and the role of
sexual power; Health & Place, Vol. 16, No. 1 (January), pp. 10-15.
- Gayen, Kaberi and Robert Raeside (2010) Communicative actions, women's degree of social
connectedness and child mortality in rural Bangladesh ; Child: Care, Health and Development, Vol. 36, No.
6 (November), pp. 827-834.
- Giebultowicz, Sophia; Mohammad Ali; Mohammad Yunus; Michael Emch (2011) A comparison of spatial
and social clustering of cholera in Matlab, Bangladesh; Health & Place, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 490-497.
- Grundy, John (2010) Country-level governance of global health initiatives: an evaluation of immunization
coordination mechanisms in five countries of Asia ; Health Policy and Planning, Vol. 25, No. 3 (May), pp.
- Guichard, Stephane; Karen Hymbaugh; Brent Burkholder; Serguei Diorditsa; Christine Navarro; Selina
Ahmed; Mohd. Mahbubur Rahman (2010) Vaccine wastage in Bangladesh; Vaccine, Vol. 28, No. 3
(January 8th), pp. 858-863.
- Hamid, Syed Abdul; Jennifer Roberts; Paul Mosley (2011) Evaluating the Health Effects of Micro Health
Insurance Placement: Evidence from Bangladesh; World Development, Vol. 39, No. 3 (March), pp. 399-
- Hamid, Syed Abdul; Roberts, Jennifer; Mosley, Paul (2011) Can Micro Health Insurance Reduce Poverty?
Evidence From Bangladesh ; Journal of Risk & Insurance, Vol. 78, No. 1 (March), pp. 57-82.
- Hoque, M.; Skerratt, L.; Cook, A.; Khan, S.; Grace, D.; Alam, M.; Vidal-Diez, A.; Debnath, N. (2011) Factors
limiting the health of semi-scavenging ducks in Bangladesh ; Tropical Animal Health and Production, Vol.
43, No. 2 (February), pp. 441-450.
- Hoque, M.; Skerratt, L.; Rahman, M.; Alim, M.; Grace, D.; Gummow, B.; Rabiul Alam Beg, A.; Debnath, N.
(2011) Monitoring the health and production of household Jinding ducks on Hatia Island of Bangladesh ;
Tropical Animal Health and Production, Vol. 43, No. 2 (February), pp. 431-440.
- Islam, M.; Conigrave, Katherine; Miah, Md.; Kalam, Kazi (2010) HIV Awareness of Outgoing Female
Migrant Workers of Bangladesh: A Pilot Study ; Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health, Vol. 12, No. 6
(December), pp. 940-946.
- Islam, Md. Rafiqul, Md. Mosharaf Hossain and Md. Moshiur Rahman (2010) Health Status and Modeling of
Rural Aged Population of Kushtia District in Bangladesh; Journal of Neuroscience and Behavioral Health,
Vol. 2, No. 1 (March), pp. 1-6.
- Islam, Md. Rafiqul. And Mahfuzar Rahman (2010) H1N1 Flu: Swine Flu: A Global Perspective; Internet
Journal of Health (The), Vol. 10 No. 2 .
- Larson, Charles P.; Nasrin, Dilruba; Saha, Amit; Chowdhury, Mohiul I.; Qadri, Firdausi (2010) The added
benefit of zinc supplementation after zinc treatment of acute childhood diarrhoea: a randomized, double-
blind field trial ; Tropical Medicine & International Health, Vol. 15, No. 6 (June), pp. 754-761.
- Luby, Stephen P.; Kadir, Mohammad Abdul; Yushuf Sharker, M. A.; Yeasmin, Farzana; Unicomb, Leanne;
Sirajul Islam, M. (2010) A community-randomised controlled trial promoting waterless hand sanitizer and
handwashing with soap, Dhaka, Bangladesh ; Tropical Medicine & International Health, Vol. 15, No. 12
(December), pp. 1508-1516.
- Mashreky, S. R. ; A. Rahman; S. M. Chowdhury; L. Svanström; S. Shafinaz; T. F. Khan; and F. Rahman
(2010) Health seeking behaviour of parents of burned children in Bangladesh is related to family
socioeconomics; Injury, Vol. 41, No. 5 (May), pp. 528-532.
- Mashreky, S. R.; A. Rahman; L. Svanström; T.F. Khan; and F. Rahman (2010) Burn mortality in
Bangladesh: Findings of national health and injury survey; Injury, Vol. 41, No. 7 (July), pp. 792-795.
- Mashreky, S. R.; A. Rahman; T. F. Khan; L. Svanstrom; and F. Rahman (2010) Epidemiology of childhood
electrocution in Bangladesh: Findings of national injury survey; Burns, Vol. 36, No. 7 (November), pp.
- Mashreky, S. R.; A. Rahman; T. F. Khan; M. Faruque; L. Svanström; and F. Rahman (2010) Hospital
burden of road traffic injury: Major concern in primary and secondary level hospitals in Bangladesh; Public
Health, Vol. 124, No.4 (April), pp. 185-189.
- Mashreky, S. R.; A. Rahman; T.F. Khan; L. Svanstrom; and F. Rahman (2010) Epidemiology of childhood
electrocution in Bangladesh: Findings of national injury survey; Burns, Vol. 36, No. 7 (November), pp.
- Mashreky, Saidur R.; Aminur Rahman; Tabassum F. Khan; Leif Svanström; and Fazlur Rahman (2010)
Determinants of childhood burns in rural Bangladesh: A nested case–control study; Health Policy, Vol. 96,
No. 3 (August), pp. 226-230.
- Matthijnssens, Jelle; Martella, Vito; Van Ranst, Marc (2010) Genomic evolution, host-species barrier,
reassortment and classification of rotaviruses ; Future Virology, Vol. 5, No. 4 (July), pp. 385-390.
- Mihrshahi, Seema; Kabir, Iqbal; Roy, S.K.; Agho, Kingsley E.; Senarath, Upul; Dibley, Michael J. (2010)
Determinants of infant and young child feeding practices in Bangladesh: Secondary data analysis of
Demographic and Health Survey 2004 ; Food & Nutrition Bulletin, Vol. 31, No. 2 (June), pp. 295-313.
- Mollik, Ariful Haque (2010) Beideyes in Kurigram District of Bangladesh: Their Knowledge of Common
Mental Health Problems and Possible Role in Primary Health Care; Alzheimer's and Dementia, Vol. 6, No.
4, Supplement 1 (July), p. S43 and p. S337.
- Mollik, M. (2010) Effect of plants on the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: a pragmatic randomized
ethnomedicinal survey in Lakshmipur district of Bangladesh; The Journal of Pain, Vol. 11, No. 4,
Supplement 1 (April), p. S14.
- Mollik, M. A. H. (2010) Living knowledge of the healing plants: Ethno-phytotherapy in the rural communities
from the Sundarbans areas of Bangladesh ; European Journal of Integrative Medicine, Vol. 2, No. 4
(December), p. 260.
- Mollik, M. A. H. (2010) The effect of medicinal plants on sexually transmitted infections and cancer: Results
from a cross-sectional study in Habiganj district of Bangladesh ; European Journal of Integrative Medicine,
Vol. 2, No. 4 (December), pp. 220-221.
- Mollik, Md.A. Haque (2010) MS425 Effect of Plants on the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Pragmatic
Randomized Ethnomedicinal Survey in Faridpur District of Bangladesh; Atherosclerosis Supplements, Vol.
11, No. 2 (June), p. 196.
- Mondal, Dinesh; Chowdhury, Rajib; Huda, M. Mamun; Maheswary, Narayan P.; Akther, Shireen; Petzold,
Max; Kumar, Vijay; Das, Murari L.; Gurung, Chitra K.; Ghosh, Debashis; Kroeger, Axel (2010) Insecticide-
treated bed nets in rural Bangladesh: their potential role in the visceral leishmaniasis elimination
programme ; Tropical Medicine & International Health, Vol. 15, No. 11 (November), pp. 1382-1389.
- Mosiur Rahman, Md; Haque, Syed Emdadul; Sarwar Zahan, Md (2011) Factors affecting the utilisation of
postpartum care among young mothers in Bangladesh ; Health & Social Care in the Community, Vol. 19,
No. 2 (March), pp. 138-147.
- Nahar, Papreen (2010) Health Seeking Behaviour of Childless Women in Bangladesh: An Ethnographic
Exploration For the Special Issue on: Loss in Child Bearing; Social Science & Medicine, Vol. 71, No. 10
(November), pp. 1780-1787.
- Naheed, Aliya; Pavani K. Ram; W. Abdullah Brooks; M. Anowar Hossain; Michele B. Parsons; Kaisar Ali
Talukder; Eric Mintz; Stephen Luby; and Robert F. Breiman (2010) Burden of typhoid and paratyphoid
fever in a densely populated urban community, Dhaka, Bangladesh; International Journal of Infectious
Diseases, Vol. 14, Supplement 3 (September), pp. e93-e99.
- Nakamura, Sadako; Shafiqul A. Sarker; Tsuneyuki Oku; Mohammad A. Wahed; Yukiko Wagatsuma (2010)
273 Effect of Daily Intake of Prebiotic (Fructooligosaccharide) on Weight Gain and Reduction of Acute
Diarrhea Among Children in a Bangladesh Urban Slum: A Randomized Double-Masked Placebo-Controlled
Study; Gastroenterology, Vol. 138, No. 5, Supplement 1 (May), pp. S-51.
- Nasreen, S.; Azziz-Baumgartner, E.; Gurley, E. S.; Winch, P. J.; Unicomb, L.; Sharker, M. A. Y.; Southern,
D.; Luby, S. P. (2010) Prevalent high-risk respiratory hygiene practices in urban and rural Bangladesh ;
Tropical Medicine & International Health, Vol. 15, No. 6 (June), pp. 762-771.
- Pathan, Tayeem and Patricia d’Ardenne (2010) An exploratory survey of mental health services for
traumatized people in Bangladesh; Asian Journal of Psychiatry, Vol. 3, No. 3 (September), pp. 108-111.
- Polack, Sarah; Eusebio, Christina; Mathenge, Wanjiku; Wadud, Zakia; Mamunur, A.K.M.; Fletcher, Astrid;
Foster, Allen; Kuper, Hannah (2010) The Impact of Cataract Surgery on Health Related Quality of Life in
Kenya, the Philippines, and Bangladesh ; Ophthalmic Epidemiology, Vol. 17, No. 6 (December), pp. 387-
- Rabbani, G. H.; Larson, C. P.; Islam, R.; Saha, U. R.; Kabir, A. (2010) Green banana-supplemented diet in
the home management of acute and prolonged diarrhoea in children: a community-based trial in rural
Bangladesh ; Tropical Medicine & International Health, Vol. 15, No. 10 (October), pp. 1132-1139.
- Rahman, Kazi Mizanur; Shams El Arifeen; K. Zaman; Mahbubur Rahman; Rubhana Raqib; Mohammad
Yunus; Nazma Begum; Md. Shaheenul Islam; Badrul Munir Sohel; Muntasirur Rahman; Malabi Venkatesan;
Robert E. Black; Abdullah H. Baqui (2011) Safety, dose, immunogenicity, and transmissibility of an oral live
attenuated Shigella flexneri 2a vaccine candidate (SC602) among healthy adults and school children in
Matlab, Bangladesh; Vaccine, Vol. 29, No. 6 (February), pp. 1347-1354.
- Rahman, Omar (forthcoming) Housing, crowding, migration : case study of Dhaka, Bangladesh; In: Omar
Khan and Gregory Pappas (eds.) Megacities and global health (Washington, DC : American Public Health
Association, forthcoming, 2011).
- Rana, A. K. M. M.; Z.N. Kabir; C.S. Lundborg; Å. Wahlin (2010) Health education improves both arthritis-
related illness and self-rated health: An intervention study among older people in rural Bangladesh; Public
Health, Vol. 124, No. 12 (December), pp. 705-712.
- Rappo, U.; J. R. Beitler; J. R. Faulhaber; B. Firoz; J. S. Henning; K. M. Thomas; M. Maslow; D. S. Goldfarb;
and H. W. Horowitz (2010) Expanding the horizons of histoplasmosis: disseminated histoplasmosis in a
renal transplant patient after a trip to Bangladesh ; Transplant Infectious Disease, Vol. 12, No. 2 (April),
- Rasu, Rafia; Rianon, Nahid; Shahidullah, Sheikh; Faisel, Abu; Selwyn, Beatrice (2011) Effect of
Educational Level on Knowledge and Use of Breast Cancer Screening Practices in Bangladeshi Women ;
Health Care For Women International, Vol. 32, No. 3 (March), pp. 177-189.
- Ray-Bennett, Nibedita S.; Andrew Collins; Abbas Bhuiya; Ross Edgeworth; Papreen Nahar; and Fariba
Alamgir (2010) Exploring the meaning of health security for disaster resilience through people's
perspectives in Bangladesh; Health & Place, Vol. 16, No. 3 (May), pp. 581-589.
- Roy, T.; C. Anderson; C. Evans; and M. S. Rahman (2010) Sexual risk behaviour of rural-to-urban migrant
taxi drivers in Dhaka, Bangladesh: A cross-sectional behavioural survey; Public Health, Vol. 124, No. 11
(November), pp. 648-658.
- Saha, K. K.; F. Tofail; E. A. Frongillo; K. M. Rasmussen; S. E. Arifeen; L. A. Persson; S. N. Huda; and J. D.
Hamadani (2010) Household food security is associated with early childhood language development:
results from a longitudinal study in rural Bangladesh ; Child: Care, Health and Development, Vol. 36, No. 3
(May), pp. 309-316.
- Salam, M.A.; D. Mondal; M. Kabir; A.R.M.S. Ekram; and R. Haque (2010) PCR for diagnosis and
assessment of cure in kala-azar patients in Bangladesh; Acta Tropica, Vol. 113, No. 1 (January), pp. 52-55.
- Salim, Md. Abu; Fazilatunnesa Malik; Nazir Ahmed; M. Badiuzzaman; Rumana Jesmin Khan; K.M.H.S.
Sirajul Haque; and Abdul Malik (2010) In-hospital outcome of primary percutaneous coronary intervention
for the management of acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction in a Bangladeshi population;
CVD Prevention and Control, Vol. 5, No. 1 (January), pp. 23-26.
- Schmidt, Jean-Olivier; Tim Ensor; Atia Hossain; and Salam Khan (2010) Vouchers as demand side
financing instruments for health care: A review of the Bangladesh maternal voucher scheme; Health Policy,
Vol. 96, No. 2 (July), pp. 98-107.
- Shimi, Annya Chanda; Gulsan Ara Parvin; Chaitee Biswas; and Rajib Shaw (2010) Impact and adaptation
to flood: A focus on water supply, sanitation and health problems of rural community in Bangladesh ;
Disaster Prevention and Management: An International Journal, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 298-313.
- Singh, Nrashant; D. Kumar; Kewal Lal; S. Raisuddin; and Anand P. Sahu (2010) Adverse health effects
due to arsenic exposure: Modification by dietary supplementation of jaggery in mice; Toxicology and
Applied Pharmacology, Vol. 242, No. 3 (February), pp. 247-255.
- Uddin, Md Jasim; Larson, Charles P; Oliveras, Elizabeth; Khan, A I; Quaiyum, M A; Saha, Nirod Chandra
(2010) Child immunization coverage in urban slums of Bangladesh: impact of an intervention package ;
Health Policy and Planning, Vol. 25, No. 1 (January), pp. 50-60.
- Ullah, Md. Ashik; Shams-Ud-Dowla; Abdullah Al Maruf; Mohammad Abul Kalam Azad; Md. Hasanuzzaman
Shohag; Rebeka Sultana; A.H.M. Mahbub Latif; and Abul Hasnat (2010) Relative bioavailability and
pharmacokinetic properties of two different enteric formulations of esomeprazole in healthy bangladeshi
male volunteers: An open-label, single-dose, randomized-sequence, two-way crossover study; Clinical
Therapeutics, Vol. 32, No. 7 (July), pp. 1419-1426.
- World Bank (2010) Bangladesh - Health, Nutrition, and Population Sector Development Program Project;
Washington, DC, USA: World Bank, Project Information Document, No. AB5767 (June).
- World Bank (2010) Bangladesh - Health, Nutrition, and Population Sector Development Program Project :
environmental assessment and action plan; Washington, DC, USA: World Bank, Environmental
Assessment, E2606 (October).
- World Bank (2010) Bangladesh - Health, Nutrition, and Population Sector Development Project;
Washington, DC, USA: World Bank, Integrated Safeguards Data Sheet, No. AC5435 (July).
- World Bank (2010) Bangladesh - Health, Nutrition, and Population Sector Program Project : procurement
plan for FY 2010-02011; Washington, DC, USA: World Bank, Procurement Plan, Document No. 55123
- World Bank (2010) Bangladesh - Health, Nutrition, and Population Sector Program Project : restructuring
(2 Volumes); Washington, DC, USA: World Bank, Project Paper, No. 55999 (June).
- World Bank (2011) Bangladesh - Health Nutrition and Population Sector Program : P074841 -
Implementation Status Results Report : Sequence 14; Washington, DC, USA: World Bank, Implementation
Status and Results Report, ISR242 (January).