2) List of recent developmental publications related to women & gender issues in
- Abdin, Md. Joynal (2008) Women Empowerment in Bangladesh; Available at website of Social Science
Research Network (SSRN).
- Afza, Syeda Rownak and Mohammad Khaleq Newaz (2008) Factors determining the presence of glass
ceiling and influencing women career advancement in Bangladesh; BRAC University Journal, Vol. 5, No. 1,
- Ahmed, Iftekar (2009) “Women Empowerment: A Case of Prabartana”, in: Ruby Roy Dholakia, Syed
Ferhat Anwar and Khalid Hasan (eds.) Marketing Practices in Developing Economy: Cases from South
Asia (New Delhi: PHI Learning Private Limited), pp. 240-248.
- Ahmed, Shaila and S. Nahar (2008) Contraceptive Prevalence among Adolescent Married Women in Rural
Bangladesh; Mymensingh Medical Journal, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 42-45.
- Akhter, Farida (2010) “Impact of Financial Crisis on Garment Workers of Bangladesh”, Paper presented at the South Asia
Regional Workshop on Global Financial and Economic Crisis and its Impact on Women: A Human Rights Perspective, 22-
23 August 2010 in Delhi, India.
- Alam, Khurshid; Naureen Fatema; and Wahida Bashar Ahmed (2008) Case Study: Gender, Human
Security and Climate Change in Bangladesh; in: The Women’s Environment and Development
Organization (WEDO) with ABANTU for Development in Ghana; ActionAid Bangladesh; and ENDA in
Senegal (eds.) Gender, Climate Change and Human Security -- Lessons from Bangladesh, Ghana and
Senegal (Dhaka: The Women's Environment and Development Organization (WEDO), pp. 47-59.
- Alam, Mohammad Didarul (2008) HIV/AIDS prevention among sex workers: A case study of sex worker
interventions of National AIDS STD Programme (NASP) from a gender perspective; in: Malcolm
MacLachlan, Stuart C. Carr, and Ishbel McWha (eds.) Interdisciplinary Research for Development: A
Workbook on Content and Process Challenges (New Delhi: Global Development Network), pp. 86-93.
- Aminuzzaman, Salahuddin M. and Sanjida Kasem (2010) “Review of the ongoing project (2005-2009) and
appraisal of project entitled promotion and projection of women’s human rights in Bangladesh project
(2010-2014) of Bangladesh Mahila Parishad (BMP)”, Oslo, Norway: Norad Collected Reviews 25/2009
(published in January 2010).
- Armendariz, Beatriz and Nigel Roome (2008) Empowering women via microfinance in fragile states;
Brussels, Belgium: Université Libre de Bruxelles, Solvay Business School, Centre Emile Bernheim (CEB),
CEB Working Paper No. 08/001 (January).
- Armendariz, Beatriz and Nigel Roome (2008) Gender Empowerment in Microfinance; in: Suresh
Sundaresan (ed.) Microfinance - Emerging Trends and Challenges (Cheltenham, UK and Northampton,
MA, USA: Edward Elgar), Chapter 6.
- Asling Monemi, Kajsa; Ruchira Tabassum Naved; and Lars Ake Persson (2008) Violence against women
and the risk of under-five mortality: analysis of community-based data from rural Bangladesh; Acta
Paediatrica, Vol. 97, No. 2 (February), pp. 226-232.
- Azad, Kishwar; Sarah Barnett; Biplob Banerjee; Sanjit Shaha; Kasmin Khan; Arati Roselyn Rego; Shampa
Barua; Dorothy Flatman; Christina Pagel; Audrey Prost; Matthew Ellis; and Anthony Costello (2010) “Effect
of scaling up women's groups on birth outcomes in three rural districts in Bangladesh: a cluster-
randomised controlled trial”, The Lancet, Vol. 375, No. 9721 (April), pp. 1193-1202.
- Bangladesh National Women Lawyers Association (2009) Violence against Women in Bangladesh 2008
(Dhaka, Bangladesh: Bangladesh National Women Lawyers Association (BNWLA)).
- Basu, Kaushik (2009) Women’s Empowerment and the Labor Supply; Paper presented at the Allied Social
Science Associations (ASSA) 2009 Annual Meeting in San Francisco (January 3-5).
- Begum, Anwara (2008) Magical shadows: women in the Bangladeshi media; New Delhi, India: South Asian
- Begum, Rashida and Runa Laila (2008) Health Seeking Behavior Versus Reproductive Health Care of
Rural Women of Reproductive Age (15yr-49yr) in Bangladesh; Paper presented at the Conference on
"Bangladesh in the 21st Century" at Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (June 13- 14, 2008).
- Bhandari, Amit; Nang Mo Hom; Sabina Rashid; and Sally Theobald (2008) Experiences of abortion in
Nepal and menstrual regulation in Bangladesh: a gender analysis; Gender and Development, Vol. 16, No.
2, pp. 257-272.
- Bhuiya, Abbas; S. M. A. Hanifi; and Shehrin Shaila Mahmood (2008) Action Monitoring for Equity and
Gender in Health; Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 378-383.
- Chowdhury, Elora H. (2008) Challenges for the Women's Movement in Bangladesh: Engaging
Development, Religion and NGO Politics; Paper presented at the Conference on "Bangladesh in the 21st
Century" at Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (June 13-14, 2008).
- Chowdhury, Elora Halim (2009) ‘Transnationalism reversed’: Engaging religion, development and women's
organizing in Bangladesh; Women's Studies International Forum, Vol. 32, No. 6 (November-December),
- Chowdhury, Elora Halim (2009) Challenges for the Women's Movement in Bangladesh: Engaging Religion,
Development and NGO Politics; In: Farida Chowdhury Khan, Ahrar Ahmad and Munir Quddus (eds.)
Recreating the Commons? NGOs in Bangladesh (Dhaka: The University Press Limited), pp. 207-246.
- Chowdhury, Farah Deeba (2010) “Dowry, Women, and Law in Bangladesh”, International Journal of Law,
Policy and the Family, Vol. 24, No. 2 (August), pp. 198-221.
- Chowdhury, Farah Deeba (2010) “Middle Class Married Women's Income in Bangladesh: Who Controls it
and How?”, African and Asian Studies, Vol. 9, No. 1-2, pp. 1-30.
- Chowdhury, Md. Quamrul Hasan, Md. Rafiqul Islam and Md. Kamal Hossain (2010) “Women Awareness
about AIDS: Evidence from Natore District of Bangladesh”, The Internet Journal of Epidemiology, Vol. 8,
- Chowdhury, Najma (2008) Lessons on Women's Political Leadership from Bangladesh; Signs, Vol. 34, No.
1, pp. 8-15.
- Chowdhury, Nusrat Jahan (2008) A journey towards development: the impact of local NGO programmes on
women living in the char lands of Bangladesh; Development in Practice, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 117-124.
- Feldman, Shelley (2010) “Shame and honour: The violence of gendered norms under conditions of global
crisis”, Women's Studies International Forum, Vol. 33, No. 4, (July-August), pp. 305-315.
- Gagnon, Anita J.; Lisa Merry; Jacqueline Bocking; Ellen Rosenberg; and Jacqueline Oxman-Martinez
(2010) South Asian migrant women and HIV/STIs: Knowledge, attitudes and practices and the role of
sexual power; Health & Place, Vol. 16, No. 1 (January), pp. 10-15.
- Gayen, Kaberi and Robert Raeside (2010) “Communicative actions, women's degree of social
connectedness and child mortality in rural Bangladesh”, Child: Care, Health and Development, Vol. 36, No.
6 (November), pp. 827-834.
- Gayen, Kaberi and Robert Raeside (2010) “Social networks and contraception practice of women in rural
Bangladesh”, Social Science & Medicine, Vol. 71, No. 9 (November), pp. 1584-1592.
- Gazi, Rukhsana; Ziaul Haque Chowdhury; and S. M. Nurul Alam (2008) Internalization of Women and Child
Trafficking in Bangladesh: Local Dynamics, Underlying Push and Pull Factors; South Asian Anthropologist,
Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 135-148.
- Goni, Abdul (2008) The Effect of Women’s Education and Some Socio-Economic Variables on Fertility and
Contraceptive Use in Bangladesh: A District Level Analysis; Pakistan Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 5,
No. 6, pp. 639-647.
- Grimard, Franque and Vivek Prakash (2008) Helping Poor Women's Health: an evaluation of a microcredit
program targeted at the poorest in Bangladesh; Paper presented at the 42nd Annual Meeting of Canadian
Economic Association (CEA) in Vancouver (June 6-9).
- Guhathakurta, Meghna (2008) Globalization, Class and Gender Relations: The shrimp industry in
southwestern Bangladesh; Development, Vol. 51, No. 2, pp. 212-219.
- Haque, Md. Reazul (forthcoming); Situational Analysis of Gender and Governance in Bangladesh: A
Femocracts Perspective; Dhaka, Bangladesh: University of Dhaka, Department of Development Studies,
Annual Report on Governance (forthcoming).
- Hoque, Mahmuda and Yoshihito Itohara (2008) Participation and Decision Making Role of Rural Women in
Economic Activities: A Comparative Study for Members and Non-Members of the Micro-Credit
Organizations in Bangladesh; Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 229-236.
- Hossain, Amzad; Kamal Naser; Asif Zaman; and Rana Nuseibeh (2009) Factors influencing women
business development in the developing countries: Evidence from Bangladesh; International Journal of
Organizational Analysis, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 202-224.
- Hossain, F. (2010) “Women Thrive in Local Business”, Manila, The Philippines: Asian Development Bank
(ADB), Media Center, Feature Stories (July 15); available at: http://www.adb.org/documents/feature-
- Huq, Maimuna (2008) Reading the Qur'an in Bangladesh: The Politics of `Belief' Among Islamist Women;
Modern Asian Studies, Vol. 42, No. 2/3, pp. 457-488.
- Huq, Maimuna (2009) Talking jihad and piety: reformist exertions among Islamist women in Bangladesh;
Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute (The), Vol. 15, Supplement 1 (May), pp. S163-S182.
- Hussain, Naseem Akhter (2010) “Religion and modernity: Gender and identity politics in Bangladesh”, Women's Studies
International Forum, Vol. 33, No. 4, (July-August), pp. 325-333.
- Ikeda, Keiko (2009) How women's concerns are shaped in community-based disaster risk management in
Bangladesh; Contemporary South Asia, Vol. 17, No. 1 (March), pp. 65-78.
- Islam, Md. Saidul (2008) From Sea to Shrimp Processing Factories in Bangladesh: Gender and
Employment at the Bottom of a Global Commodity Chain; Journal of South Asian Development, Vol. , Vol.
3, No. 2, pp. 211-236.
- Islam, Nazria and Zakia Naznin (2009) Promoting the Role of Women in Coping with Water Crisis in Saline-
prone and Drought-prone Areas of Bangladesh; Presentation made at the 3rd International Conference on
Community Based Adaptation (CBA) to Climate Change, Dhaka, Bangladesh (February 18-24).
- Jahan, Rounaq (2008) Engendering Democracy in Bangladesh; Dhaka, Bangladesh: UNDP Bangladesh,
Policy Dialogue, No. 31 (19th February).
- Jahangir Alam Chowdhury, M. (2009) Microcredit, micro-enterprises, and self-employment of women:
experience from the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh; Paper presented at the FAO-IFAD-ILO Workshop on
Gaps, trends and current research in gender dimensions of agricultural and rural employment :
differentiated pathways out of poverty, Rome (31 March - 2 April).
- Karim, Lamia (forthcoming), Microfinance and its discontents : women in debt in Bangladesh (Minneapolis :
University of Minnesota Press, forthcoming).
- Khan, Farida C. (2008) Comparing Women's Work Climate in NGOs, Private Firms and the Public Sector;
Paper presented at the Conference on "Bangladesh in the 21st Century" at Harvard University,
Cambridge, MA (June 13-14, 2008).
- Khan, Farida C. (2009) The Organizational Climate of Work for Women in Public, Private, and NFP
Sectors in Bangladesh; Paper presented at the Conference on Ideas and Innovations for the Development
of Bangladesh: The Next Decade, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA (October 9-10).
- Khatun, Fahmida; Mustafizur Rahman; Debapriya Bhattacharya; and Khondaker Golam Moazzem (2008)
Gender and Trade Liberalisation in Bangladesh: The Case of the Ready-Made Garments; Dhaka,
Bangladesh: Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD) (February).
- Kippler, M.; W. Goessler; B. Nermell; E.C. Ekström; B. Lönnerdal; S. El Arifeen; and M. Vahter (2009)
Factors influencing intestinal cadmium uptake in pregnant Bangladeshi women—A prospective cohort
study; Environmental Research, Vol. 109, No. 7 (October), pp. 914-921.
- Kumar, M. Suresh and Mukta Sharma (2008) Women and Substance Use in India and Bangladesh;
Substance Use and Misuse, Vol. 43, No. 8-9, pp. 1062-1077.
- Lee, Vanessa; Faruk Ahmed; Shoko Wada; Tahmeed Ahmed; A. M. Shamsir Ahmed; Cadi Parvin Banu;
and Nasima Akhter (2008) Extent of vitamin A deficiency among rural pregnant women in Bangladesh;
Public Health Nutrition, Vol. 11, No. 12, pp. 1326-1331.
- Lindberg, A. L.; Ekstrom, E. C.; Nermell, B.; Rahman, M.; Lonnerdal, B.; Persson, L. A.; and M. Vahter
(2008) Gender and age differences in the metabolism of inorganic arsenic in a highly exposed population
in Bangladesh; Environmental Research, Vol. 106, No. 1, pp. 110-120.
- Mahtab, Hajera and S. H. Habib (2009) Social and economic consequences of diabetes in women from low-
income countries: A case study from Bangladesh; International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Vol.
104, Supplement, pp. S14-S16.
- Menon, Rashed Khan (2009) Land Laws, Rights and Dispute Resolution -- The Perspectives of the poor,
women and peripheral people in Bangladesh; Dhaka, Bangladesh: Research Initiatives, Bangladesh (RIB)
- Mookherjee, Nayanika (2008) Gendered embodiments: mapping the body-politic of the raped woman and
the nation in Bangladesh; Feminist Review, Issue 88, pp. 36-53.
- Nahar, Papreen (2010) “Health Seeking Behaviour of Childless Women in Bangladesh: An Ethnographic
Exploration For the Special Issue on: Loss in Child Bearing”, Social Science & Medicine, Vol. 71, No. 10
(November), pp. 1780-1787.
- Naher, Ainoon (2010) “‘Defending Islam and women's honour against NGOs’ in Bangladesh”, Women's
Studies International Forum, Vol. 33, No. 4 (July-August), pp. 316-324.
- Nasreen, Mahbuba (2008) Impact of Climate Change on Food Security in Bangladesh: Gender and
Disaster Perspectives; Presentation made at the International Symposium on Climate Change and Food
Security in South Asia in Dhaka (August 25-29).
- Naved, Ruchira Tabassum and Lars Persson (2008) Factors Associated with Physical Spousal Abuse of
Women During Pregnancy in Bangladesh; International Family Planning Perspectives, Vol. 34, No. 2, pp.
- Naved, Ruchira Tabassum and Nazneen Akhtar (2008) Spousal Violence Against Women and Suicidal
Ideation in Bangladesh; Womens Health Issues, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 442-452.
- Nawaz, Faraha (2009) Critical Factors of Women Entrepreneurship Development in Rural Bangladesh;
Falls Church, VA, USA: Bangladesh Development Research Center (BDRC), Bangladesh Development
Research Working Paper Series (BDRWPS), BDRWPS No. 5 (May).
- Nazneen, Sohela and Maheen Sultan (2009) Struggling for Survival and Autonomy: Impact of NGO-ization
on women's organizations in Bangladesh; Development, Vol. 52, No. 2 (June), pp. 193-199.
- Nazneen, Sohela; Maheen Sultan; and Naomi Hossain (2010) “National Discourses on Women's
Empowerment in Bangladesh: Enabling or constraining women's choices?”, Development, Vol. 53, No. 2
(June), pp. 239-246.
- Panday, Pranab Kumar (2008) Representation without Participation: Quotas for Women in Bangladesh;
International Political Science Review, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 489-512.
- Parveen, Shahnaj (2008) Access of Rural Women to Productive Resources in Bangladesh; International
Journal of Rural Studies (IJRS), Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 14-18.
- Quisumbing, Agnes R. (2008) Women's Status and the Changing Nature of Rural Livelihoods in Asia; in:
Nurul Islam (ed.) Reducing Poverty and Hunger in Asia, 2020 Focus No. 15 (Washington, DC: International
Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)), Brief 5 (March).
- Rabbani, M. D. Golam; A. Atiq Rahman; and Khandaker Mainuddin (2009) Women's vulnerability to water-
related hazards: comparing three areas affected by climate change in Bangladesh; Waterlines, Vol. 28,
No. 3 (July), pp. 235-249.
- Rahman, Md. Masudur (2009) Credit Worthiness of Women Entrepreneurs in Bangladesh; Available at
website of Social Science Research Network (SSRN).
- Rahman, Mosiur; Sumaiya Abedin; Kamruzzaman; and Nurul Islam (2008) Women’s Empowerment and
Reproductive Health: Experience from Chapai Nawabganj District in Bangladesh; Pakistan Journal of
Social Sciences, Vol. 5, No. 9, pp. 883-888.
- Rahman, Sanzidur (2010) “Women's Labour Contribution to Productivity and Efficiency in Agriculture:
Empirical Evidence from Bangladesh”, Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 61, No. 2 (June), pp. 318-
- Rahman, Sayma; P. N. Junankar; and Girijasankar Mallik (2009) Factors influencing women's
empowerment on microcredit borrowers: a case study in Bangladesh; Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy,
Vol. 14, No. 3 (August), pp. 287-303.
- Rahman, T. and M. Asaduzzaman (2008) Marital Adjustment and Mental Health of Middle Class Married
Women of Bangladesh; Indian Psychological Review, Vol. 70, No. 3, pp. 139-144.
- Rajagopalan, S. (2009) Microfinance and women’s empowerment : a critical assessment; Hyderabad,
India: Icfai University Press.
- Rashid, Md. Abdur; Abdullah Abusayed Khan; and Md. Ferdush Rahman (2010) “Rural Women in
Information Communication System: Problems and Prospects in View of Digital Bangladesh”, Melbourne,
Australia: World Business Institute, Proceedings of 3rd Annual Asian Business Research Conference held
at the BIAM Foundation in Dhaka (1-2 January 2010).
- Razzaque, Mohammad A. and Mohammad Mokammel Karim Toufique (2008) Health, Physical Activity and
Intrahousehold Food Allocation: Revisiting the Evidence of Gender Discrimination; in: Abdur Razzaque,
Bazlul H. Khondker and Selim Raihan (eds.) Capturing Intra-household Distribution and Poverty Incidence:
A Study on Bangladesh (Dhaka, Bangladesh: University of Dhaka, Department of Economics, Bureau of
- Razzaque, Mohammad A.; Ahsanuzzaman; and Mahbubur Rahman (2008) Intra-household Distribution
and Women's Bargaining Power: Testing the Unitary Model of Household Behaviour using the BER Data;
in: Abdur Razzaque, Bazlul H. Khondker and Selim Raihan (eds.) Capturing Intra-household Distribution
and Poverty Incidence: A Study on Bangladesh (Dhaka, Bangladesh: University of Dhaka, Department of
Economics, Bureau of Economic Research).
- Razzaque, Mohammad A.; Mohammad Mokammel Karim Toufique; and Mahbub Alam (2008) Allocation of
Resources on Addictive Goods and Eating-out: The Effect of Women's Bargaining Power; in: Abdur
Razzaque, Bazlul H. Khondker and Selim Raihan (eds.) Capturing Intra- household Distribution and
Poverty Incidence: A Study on Bangladesh (Dhaka, Bangladesh: University of Dhaka, Department of
Economics, Bureau of Economic Research).
- Rotaru, Cornelia (2009) Case Study: The Bangladesh Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry; In:
Eric Hontz (ed.) Women’s Business Associations Experiences from around the World: South Asia
(Washington, DC: Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE)), pp. 15-25.
- Roy, Swapan Kumar; F. Bilkes; K. Islam; G. Ara; P. Tanner; I. Wosk; A. S. Rahman; Barnali Chakraborty;
Saira Parveen Jolly; and Wajiha Khatun (2008) Impact of pilot project of Rural Maintenance Programme
(RMP) on destitute women: CARE, Bangladesh; Food and Nutrition Bulletin, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 67-75.
- Rozario, Santi and Geoffrey Samuel (2010) “Gender, religious change and sustainability in Bangladesh”,
Women's Studies International Forum, Vol. 33, No.4 (July-August), pp. 354-364.
- Rumana, Ruba (2010) “Revisiting the impact of Policies and Budgetary allocation on the development of
Women Entrepreneurs in Bangladesh”, Melbourne, Australia: World Business Institute, Proceedings of 4th
Annual Asian Business Research Conference held at the BIAM Foundation in Dhaka (23-24 December
- Saad, Syed (2008) Intra-Household Resource Allocation and Gender-based Returns to Loans in Rural
Bangladesh; Paper presented at the 78th Annual Meeting of the Southern Economic Association,
Washington D. C. (November 20-23, 2008).
- Schuler, Sidney Ruth and Farzana Islam (2008) Women's Acceptance of Intimate Partner Violence within
Marriage in Rural Bangladesh; Studies in Family Planning, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 49- 58.
- Schuler, Sidney Ruth; Lisa M. Bates; and Farzana Islam (2008) Women's Rights, Domestic Violence, and
Recourse Seeking in Rural Bangladesh; Violence Against Women, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 326-345.
- Shafiq, M. Najeeb (2009) A reversal of educational fortune? Educational gender gaps in Bangladesh;
Journal of International Development, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 137-155.
- Shamsuddoha, Mohammad (2009) Entrepreneurial Program for Women: An Evaluative Study on ASA and
BRAC; Suceava, Romania: Universitatea Stefan cel Mare Suceava, Fascisle of the Faculty of Economics
and Public Administration, Vol. 9, No. 1; available at website of Social Science Research Network (SSRN).
- Shamsuddoha, Mohammad (2009) Micro Credit Program of Selected NGOs: An Empirical Study on Rural
Women of Comilla District in Bangladesh; Available at website of Social Science Research Network (SSRN).
- Shamsuddoha, Mohammad (2009) NGOs and Women: An Evaluative Study on ASA and BRAC in
Bangladesh; Available at website of Social Science Research Network (SSRN).
- Shannon, Kate; Zeba Mahmud; Azim Asfia; and Mohammed Ali (2008) The Social and Environmental
Factors Underlying Maternal Malnutrition in Rural Bangladesh: Implications for Reproductive Health and
Nutrition Programs; Health Care for Women International, Vol. 29, No. 8- 9, pp. 826-840.
- Shehabuddin, Elora (2008) Jamaat-i-Islami in Bangladesh: Women, Democracy and the Transformation of
Islamist Politics; Modern Asian Studies, Vol. 42, No. 2/3, pp. 577-604.
- Shehabuddin, Elora (2008) Reshaping the holy: democracy, development, and Muslim women in
Bangladesh; New York, USA: Columbia University Press.
- Shirin, Farzana; Tahrim Mehdi; Md. Mahbubul Alam; Ronjon Kumer Nath; and Md. Mozammel Hoque
(2009) Effect of Gestational Homocystein on Fetal Growth in Bangladeshi Women; Ibrahim Medical College
Journal, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 13-16.
- Sievert, Lynnette Leidy; Khurshida Begum; Taniya Sharmeen; Osul Chowdhury; Shanthi Muttukrishna; and
Gillian Bentley (2008) Patterns of occurrence and concordance between subjective and objective hot
flashes among Muslim and Hindu women in Sylhet, Bangladesh; American Journal of Human Biology, Vol.
20, No. 5, pp. 598-604.
- Small & Medium Enterprise Foundation (2008) Empowering women entrepreneurs towards a shared
economic growth: 2nd National SME Women Entrepreneurs Conference (2008) Dhaka, Bangladesh: Small
& Medium Enterprise Foundation.
- Sulaiman, Munshi; Monira Parveen; and Narayan Chandra Das (2009) Impact of the Food Price Hike on
Nutritional Status of Women and Children; Dhaka, Bangladesh: BRAC, Monograph Series, No. 38
- Sultana, Parvin and Paul M. Thompson (2008) Gender and local floodplain management institutions: a
case study from Bangladesh; Journal of International Development, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 53-68.
- The Women’s Environment and Development Organization (WEDO) with ABANTU for Development in
Ghana; ActionAid Bangladesh; and ENDA in Senegal (2008) Gender, Climate Change and Human
Security -- Lessons from Bangladesh, Ghana and Senegal; Dhaka, Bangladesh: The Women’s
Environment and Development Organization (WEDO) (May).
- Totten, Samuel (2008) Plight and fate of women during and following genocide; New Brunswick, NJ, USA:
- Uddin, M. E. (2008) Gender and Arrack Drinking among Muslim, Hindu, Santal, and Oraon Communities in
North-Western Villages of Bangladesh; International Quarterly of Community Health Education, Vol. 28,
No. 1, pp. 73-90.
- White, Sarah C. (2010) “Domains of contestation: Women's empowerment and Islam in Bangladesh”,
Women's Studies International Forum, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 334-344.
- World Bank (2008) Whispers to Voices - Gender and Social Transformation in Bangladesh; Washington,
DC, USA: World Bank, Bangladesh Development Series (BDS), Paper No. 22 (March).
- Yasmin, Nawzia; Khairul Alam; Suman Lahiry; Mahmud Hossain Faruquee; and Tamjida Ahmad (2009)
Knowledge, Attitude and Practice Regarding Hospital Delivery among Rural Married Women in Northern
Bangladesh; Ibrahim Medical College Journal, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 17-20.
- Yusuf, H. K.; A. M. Rahman; F. P. Chowdhury; M. Mohiduzzaman; C. P. Banu; M. A. Sattar; and M. N. Islam
(2008) Iodine deficiency disorders in Bangladesh, 2004-05: ten years of iodized salt intervention brings
remarkable achievement in lowering goitre and iodine deficiency among children and women; Asia Pacific
Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 620-628.