- Afrin, Zakia (2009) Minority Rights under International Law and the Case of Religious Minorities in
Bangladesh | Paper presented at the Conference on Ideas and Innovations for the Development
of Bangladesh: The Next Decade, Harvard University, Boston (October 9-10).
- Ahmed, Nazneen and Jack H. M. Peerlings (2009) Addressing Workers' Rights in the Textile and
Apparel Industries: Consequences for the Bangladesh Economy | World Development, Vol. 37,
No. 3 (March), pp. 661-675.
- Ain o Salish Kendra (ASK) (2007) Human Rights in Bangladesh 2006 (Dhaka, Bangladesh:
University Press Ltd.).
- Alffram, Henrik (2009) Ignoring Executions and Torture: Impunity for Bangladesh’s Security
Forces | New York, USA: Human Rights Watch (May).
- Aminuzzaman, Salahuddin M. and Sanjida Kasem (2010) Review of the ongoing project (2005-
2009) and appraisal of project entitled promotion and projection of women’s human rights in
Bangladesh project (2010-2014) of Bangladesh Mahila Parishad (BMP) (Oslo, Norway: Norad
Collected Reviews 25/2009; published in January 2010).
- Amnesty International (2009) Bangladesh: Do not extend Army Act to Bangladesh Rifle suspects |
London, United Kingdom: Amnesty International, Public Statement, ASA 13/004/2009 (21st
- Amnesty International (2009) Bangladesh: Welcome Supreme Court and government decisions
could facilitate fair trials | London, United Kingdom: Amnesty International, Public Statement, ASA
13/005/2009 (17th September).
- Amnesty International (2009) Looking for Justice -- Mutineers on Trial in Bangladesh | London,
United Kingdom: Amnesty International Publications (November).
- Bangladesh Institute of Labour Studies (BILS) (2007) Workers’ Human Rights in the
Construction Sector of Bangladesh (Dhaka, Bangladesh: Bangladesh Institute of Labour Studies
(BILS), BILS-LO/LTF Project, Status Report).
- Bangladesh Society for the Enforcement of Human Rights (BSEHR) (2008) Legal and human
rights of ethnic minorities in Bangladesh | Dhaka, Bangladesh: Bangladesh Society for the
Enforcement of Human Rights (BSEHR).
- Banks, Cyndi (2007) “The Discourse of Children's Rights in Bangladesh: International Norms and
Local Definitions”, International Journal of Children’s Rights, Vol. 15, No. 3/4, pp. 391-414.
- Chakma, Mangal Kumar; Pallab Chakma; and Makfie Farah (2009) A Brief Account of the Human
Rights Situation of the Indigenous Peoples in Bangladesh | In: Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact
(AIPP) Foundation (ed.) Indigenous Peoples' Human Rights Report in Asia 2008: Bangladesh -
Burma - Lao (Chiang Mai, Thailand: Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact (AIPP) Foundation), pp. 12-
- Chowdhury, Omar Haider (2008) “The right to health in Bangladesh”, in: Stephen P. Marks (ed.)
The Right to Health in Comparative Perspective (Cambridge, MA, USA: Harvard School of
Public Health) Chapter 3.
- Cusack, Simone and Rebecca J. Cook (2007) Review of: "Honour" - Crimes, Paradigms, and
Violence against Women; edited by Lynn Welchman and Sara Hossan (London: Zed Books),
Human Rights Quarterly, Vol. 29, No. 2 (May), pp. 524-533.
- Das, T. K. and S. M. H. Z. Islam (2007) “Rampant Corruption and the Violation of Human Rights in
Bangladesh”, Journal of Social Studies, No. 116, pp. 54-63.
- Godbole, Girish (2007) Corporate Social Responsibility and Children's Rights in South Asia
(Stockholm, Sweden: Save the Children Sweden).
- Habib, Murshida Ferdous Binte (2008) Child rights and child labour in Bangladesh | Paper
presented at the 29th International Congress of Psychology, Berlin, Germany (July 20-25).
- Harun-ur-Rashid (2007) “Importance of Human Rights & Proposed Bangladesh Human Rights
Commission”, Dhaka, Bangladesh: UNDP Bangladesh, Policy Dialogue, No. 10 (April).
- Hossain, Hameeda (2008) Critique of the Human Rights Ordinance in Bangladesh 2008: A
Human Rights Commission must have effective Powers (Colombo, Sri Lanka: South Asians for
Human Rights (SAHR)).
- Human Rights Watch (2008) The torture of Tasneem Khalil: how the Bangladesh military abuses
its power under the State of Emergency | New York, USA: Human Rights Watch, Human Rights
Watch Asia, Vol. 20, No. 1.
- International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) (2008) Labour Rights in the Supply Chain and
Corporate Social Responsibility (Paris, France: International Federation for Human Rights
(FIDH), Report of an FIDH Mission to Bangladesh in the context of FIDH / Carrefour cooperation,
- Kamal, Sultana (2007) “The history of eviction and protection/violation of slum dwellers’ rights”,
Dhaka, Bangladesh: UNDP Bangladesh, Policy Dialogue, No. 6 (February 20).
- Karim, Md. Ershadul and Shafia Akhter (2009) The Role of Local NGOs for the Promotion and
Protection of Human Rights in Bangladesh | In: Farida Chowdhury Khan, Ahrar Ahmad and Munir
Quddus (eds.) Recreating the Commons? NGOs in Bangladesh (Dhaka: The University Press
Limited), pp. 249-281.
- Manchanda, Rita (ed.) (2010) States in Conflict with Their Minorities -- Challenges to Minority
Rights in South Asia (New Delhi, India and Thousand Oaks, CA, USA: Sage Publications).
- Odhikar (2009) Human Rights Report (2008) Dhaka, Bangladesh: Odhikar.
- Rahman, M. Ashiqur (2007) “Chittagong Hill Tracts Peace Accord in Bangladesh: Reconciling the
Issues of Human Rights, Indigenous Rights and Environmental Governance” in: M. Faizul Islam
and Syed Saad Andaleeb (eds.), Development Issues of Bangladesh-III: Human Development
and Quality of Life (Dhaka, Bangladesh: University Press Ltd.), pp. 355-378.
- Rahman, Syedur (2007) “Towards Institution Building in Bangladesh: Trends in Democracy and
Human Rights”, in: Syed Saad Andaleeb (ed.), Political Culture in Bangladesh: Perspectives
and Analyses (Dhaka: University Press Ltd.),pp. 125-147 (Chapter 5); previously published in
Journal of Bangladesh Studies, Vol. 3, No. 2 (2001), pp. 11-23.
- Schuler, Sidney Ruth; Lisa M. Bates; and Farzana Islam (2008) “Women’s Rights, Domestic
Violence, and Recourse Seeking in Rural Bangladesh”, Violence Against Women, Vol. 14, No.
3, pp. 326-345.
- South Asians for Human Rights (SAHR) (2007) The State of Human Rights in Bangladesh
January-June 2007 (Colombo, Sri Lanka: South Asians for Human Rights (SAHR)).
- South Asians for Human Rights (SAHR) (2008) The State of Human Rights in Bangladesh
January-June, 2008 (Colombo, Sri Lanka: South Asians for Human Rights (SAHR)).
- Taneja, Preti (ed.) and Felix Corley, Jared Ferrie, David Fickling and Farah Mihlar (section
authors) (2010) State of the World’s Minorities and Indigenous Peoples 2010 - Events of 2009
(London, United Kingdom: Minority Rights Group International, July), especially pp. 114-116.
- U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor (2009) Bangladesh -
Country Reports on Human Rights Practices - 20078 | Washington, DC, USA: U.S. Department of
State (February 25).
- U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor (2008) Bangladesh -
Country Reports on Human Rights Practices – 2007 (Washington, DC, USA: U.S. Department
of State, March 11).
- White, Sarah C. (2007) “Children's Rights and the imagination of community In Bangladesh”,
Childhood, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 505-520.