- Aklimunnessa, Khandoker; M. M. H. Khan; M. Kabir; and Mitsuru Mori (2007) “Prevalence and correlates of
domestic violence by husbands against wives in Bangladesh: evidence from a national survey”, The
Journal of Men's Health & Gender, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 52-63.
- Asling Monemi, Kajsa; Ruchira Tabassum Naved; and Lars Ake Persson (2008) “Violence against women
and the risk of under-five mortality: analysis of community-based data from rural Bangladesh”, Acta
Paediatrica, Vol. 97, No. 2 (February), pp. 226-232.
- Bangladesh National Women Lawyers Association (2009) | Violence against Women in Bangladesh 2008 |
Dhaka, Bangladesh: Bangladesh National Women Lawyers Association (BNWLA).
- Chowdhury, Elora H. (2007) “Negotiating State and NGO Politics in Bangladesh: Women Mobilize Against
Acid Violence”, Violence Against Women, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 857-873.
- Chowdhury, Farah Deeba (2010) | Dowry, Women, and Law in Bangladesh | International Journal of Law,
Policy and the Family, Vol. 24, No. 2 (August), pp. 198-221.
- Cusack, Simone and Rebecca J. Cook (2007) (Review of:) "Honour" - Crimes, Paradigms, and Violence
against Women; by: Lynn Welchman and Sara Hossan (eds.) (London: Zed Books), Human Rights
Quarterly, Vol. 29, No. 2 (May), pp. 524-533.
- Department for International Development (DFID) (2007) “Bangladeshi TV takes aim at violence against
women”, London, UK: Department for International Development (DFID), Case Study (DFID website
resource, August 16).
- Firoze, Fawzia Karim; Rina Roy; Fayazuddin Ahmad; and Mohammad Gholam Rabbani (2007) Landmark
judgements on violence against women of Bangladesh, India, and Pakistan (Dhaka, Bangladesh:
Manusher Janno Foundation).
- Gagnon, Anita J.; Lisa Merry; Jacqueline Bocking; Ellen Rosenberg; and Jacqueline Oxman-Martinez
(2010) | South Asian migrant women and HIV/STIs: Knowledge, attitudes and practices and the role of
sexual power | Health & Place, Vol. 16, No. 1 (January), pp. 10-15.
- Johnston, Heidi Bart and Ruchira Tabassum Naved (2008) “Spousal Violence in Bangladesh: A Call for a
Public-health Response”, Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, Vol. 26, No. 3 (September), pp. 366-
- Menon, Rashed Khan (2009) | Land Laws, Rights and Dispute Resolution -- The Perspectives of the poor,
women and peripheral people in Bangladesh | Dhaka, Bangladesh: Research Initiatives, Bangladesh (RIB)
- Naved, Ruchira Tabassum and Nazneen Akhtar (2008) “Spousal Violence Against Women and Suicidal
Ideation in Bangladesh”, Womens Health Issues, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 442-452.
- Nazneen, Sohela; Maheen Sultan; and Naomi Hossain (2010) | National Discourses on Women's
Empowerment in Bangladesh: Enabling or constraining women's choices? | Development, Vol. 53, No. 2
(June), pp. 239-246.
- Rahman, H. (2007) “Forms, Causes and Impacts of Violence against Women in Rural Bangladesh”,
Journal of Social Studies, No. 116, pp. 26-41.
- Rahman, Sayma; P. N. Junankar; and Girijasankar Mallik (2009) | Factors influencing women's
empowerment on microcredit borrowers: a case study in Bangladesh | Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy,
Vol. 14, No. 3 (August), pp. 287-303.
- Sarkar, Kamalesh; Baishali Bal; Rita Mukherjee; Sekhar Chakraborty; Suman Saha; Arundhuti Ghosh; and
Scott Parsons (2008) “Sex-trafficking, Violence, Negotiating Skill, and HIV Infection in Brothel-based Sex
Workers of Eastern India, Adjoining Nepal, Bhutan, and Bangladesh”, Journal of Health, Population and
Nutrition, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 223-231.
- Schuler, Sidney Ruth and Farzana Islam (2008) “Women's Acceptance of Intimate Partner Violence within
Marriage in Rural Bangladesh”, Studies in Family Planning, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 49-58.
- Schuler, Sidney Ruth; Lisa M. Bates; and Farzana Islam (2008) “Women's Rights, Domestic Violence, and
Recourse Seeking in Rural Bangladesh”, Violence Against Women, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 326-345.
- Shahidullah, Shahid and C. Nana Derby (2009) “Criminalisation, modernisation, and globalisation: the US
and international perspectives on domestic violence”, Global Crime, Vol. 10, No. 3 (August), pp. 196-223.
- Toufique, Mohammad Mokammel Karim and Mohammad A. Razzaque (2007) “Domestic Violence Against
Women: Its Determinants and Implications for Gender Resource Allocation”, Helsinki, Finland: United
Nations University (UNU) / World Institute for Development Economics Research (WIDER), WIDER
Research Paper, No. 2007/80 (November).
- United Nations Population Fund (2007) “Bangladesh: Community Pressure Groups Challenge Age-old
Views on Violence Against Women”, in: United Nations Population Fund, Programming to address violence
against women - 10 case studies (New York: United Nations Population Fund), pp. 75-84.
- Wahed, Tania and Abbas Bhuiya (2007) “Battered bodies & shattered minds: Violence against women in
Bangladesh”, Indian Journal of Medical Research, Vol. 126, No. 4, pp. 341-354.