- Afsana, Faria; Zafar A. Latif; Shah J. Khan; and Samir K. Talukder (2010) “Metabolic syndrome and
cardiovascular risk in diabetic subjects”, CVD Prevention and Control, Vol. 5, No. 2 (June), pp. 59-62.
- Ahmed, Kazi Rumana (2009) “Incidence of diabetic retinopathy : a 15 year follow up in a hospital
population (Bangladesh)”, Oslo, Norway: University of Oslo, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of General
Practice and Community Medicine, Section for International Health; Thesis submitted as a part of the
Master of Philosophy Degree in International Community Health (June).
- Akhter, Afroza (2009) “Diabetes mellitus and retinopathy in rural Bangladesh : a population-based Study”,
Oslo, Norway: University of Oslo, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of General Practice and Community
Medicine, Section for International Health; Thesis submitted as a part of the Master of Philosophy Degree
in International Community Health (May).
- Anonymous (2009) “Diabetes: self monitoring `cost effective' in Bangladesh”, PharmacoEconomics and
Outcomes News, Vol. 1, No. 591 (November 14), p. 13.
- Arif, M.; M.R. Islam; T.M.Z. Waise; F. Hassan; S.I. Mondal; and Y. Kabir (2010) “DNA damage and plasma
antioxidant indices in Bangladeshi type 2 diabetic patients”, Diabetes & Metabolism, Vol. 36, No. 1
(February), pp. 51-57.
- Asghar, S.; A. Hussain; S. M. Ali; A. K. Khan; and A. Magnusson (2007) “Prevalence of depression and
diabetes: a population-based study from rural Bangladesh”, Diabetic Medicine, Vol. 24, No. 8, pp. 872-
- Chen, Chien-Jen; Shu-Li Wang; Jeng-Min Chiou; Chin-Hsiao Tseng; Hung-Yi Chiou; Yu-Mei Hsueh; Shu-
Yuan Chen; Meei-Maan Wu and Mei-Shu Lai (2007) “Arsenic and diabetes and hypertension in human
populations: A review”, Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, Vol. 222, No. 3 (August), pp. 298-304.
- Habib, Samira Humaira; Kazal Boron Biswas; Salima Akter; Soma Saha; Liaquat Ali (2010) “Cost-
effectiveness analysis of medical intervention in patients with early detection of diabetic foot in a tertiary
care hospital in Bangladesh”, Journal of Diabetes and its Complications, Vol. 24, No. 4 (July-August), pp.
- Hussain, A.; Vaaler, S.; Sayeed, M. A.; Mahtab, H.; Ali, S. M. K.; and A. K. A. Khan (2007) “Type 2
diabetes and impaired fasting blood glucose in rural Bangladesh: a population-based study” European
Journal of Public Health, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 291-296.
- Mahtab, Hajera and S. H. Habib (2009) “Social and economic consequences of diabetes in women from
low-income countries: A case study from Bangladesh”, International Journal of Gynecology and
Obstetrics, Vol. 104, Supplement, pp. S14-S16.
- Rahim, M. A.; A. K. Azad Khan; S. M. K. Ali; Q. Nahar; A. Shaheen; and A. Hussain (2009) “Glucose
tolerance in rural population of Bangladesh”, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research and
Reviews, Vol. 3, No. 1 (January-March), pp. 24-28.
- Rahim, M. A.; Hussain, A.; Azad Khan, A. K.; Sayeed, M. A.; Keramat Ali, S. M.; and S. Vaaler (2007) “
Rising prevalence of type 2 diabetes in rural Bangladesh: A population based study”, Diabetes Research
and Clinical Practice, Vol. 77, No. 2, pp. 300-305.
- Rahman, M. M.; M. A. Rahim; and Q. Nahar (2007) “Prevalence and risk factors of Type 2 diabetes in an
urbanizing rural community of Bangladesh”, Bangladesh Medical Research Council Bulletin, Vol. 33, No.
2, pp. 48-54; available at: http://www.banglajol.info/index.php/BMRCB/article/view/1204/1205.
- Sayeed, M. A.; H. Mahtab; P. A. Khanam,; Z. A. Latif; A. Banu; and A. K. A. Khan (2007) “Prevalence of
diabetes and impaired fasting glucose in urban population of Bangladesh”, Bangladesh Medical Research
Council Bulletin, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 1-12.
- Subhan, S. S.; Bhuiyan, Z. I.; Akter, K.; Goswami, M. K.; Rahman, H. S.; and L. Ali (2007) “Relation
between Insulin Secretory Capacity and Microangiopathy in Young Diabetic Patients in Bangladesh”,
Mymensingh Medical Journal, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 1-6.
- Viswanathan, Vijay; Jawadur Rahim Wadud; Sivagami Madhavan; Seena Rajasekar; Satyavani Kumpatla;
J. K. Lutale; and Zulfiqarali G. Abbas (2010) “Comparison of post amputation outcome in patients with
type 2 diabetes from specialized foot care centres in three developing countries”, Diabetes Research and
Clinical Practice, Vol. 88, No. 2 (May), pp. 146-150.
- Zahid, Naeem; Zumin Shi; Bjørgulf Claussen; and Akhtar Hussain (2009) “Prevalence and risk factors for
diabetes, comparison of rural populations in Bangladesh, China and Pakistan”, Diabetes and Metabolic
Syndrome: Clinical Research and Reviews, Vol. 3, No. 2 (June), pp. 109-112.
- Zargar, A. H.; M. Siraj; A. A. Jawa; M. Hasan; and H. Mahtab (2010) “Maintenance of glycaemic control
with the evening administration of a long acting sulphonylurea in male type 2 diabetic patients
undertaking the Ramadan fast”, International Journal of Clinical Practice, Vol. 64, No. 8 (July), pp. 1090-