- Adelman, Sarah W.; Daniel O. Gilligan; and Kim Lehrer (2008) How Effective are Food for Education
Programs? A Critical Assessment of the Evidence from Developing Countries (Washington, DC, USA:
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), IFPRI Food Policy Review, No. 9).
- Alam, Mahmudul; assisted by Johirul Islam Mullick and Irene Parvin (eds.) (2008) Bangladesh education in
transition : policy, performance, way forward (Dhaka, Bangladesh: D.Net (Development Research
Network; Distributor: A. H. Development Pub. House)).
- Al-Samarrai, Samer (2009) “Education Spending and Equity in Bangladesh”, in: Ambar Narayan and
Hassan Zaman (eds.) Breaking Down Poverty in Bangladesh (Dhaka: University Press Limited), pp. 195-
- Andaleeb, Syed Saad (2008) “Knowledge Generation in Nation Building: A Vision for Higher Education in
Bangladesh”, Paper presented at the Conference on "Bangladesh in the 21st Century" at Harvard
University, Cambridge, MA (June 13-14, 2008).
- Asadullah, Mohammad Niaz (2009) “Returns to Private and Public Education in Bangladesh and Pakistan:
A Comparative Analysis”, Journal of Asian Economics, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 77-86; also published as Queen
Elizabeth House (QEH) Working Paper Series, No. QEHWPS167 (Oxford, UK: University of Oxford).
- Bhola, H. S. (2009) “Reconstructing literacy as an innovation for sustainable development: A policy
advocacy for Bangladesh”, International Journal of Lifelong Education, Vol. 28, No. 3 (May), pp. 371-382.
- Haque, Ehsanul (2009) “Sun Child Program: providing education, preventing school drop out and
breaking the cycle of poverty for underprivileged children in Bangladesh”, Paper presented at the
Conference on Ideas and Innovations for the Development of Bangladesh: The Next Decade, Harvard
University, Cambridge, MA, USA (October 9-10).
- Islam, Ishrat and Adil M. Khan (2009) “Education in Bangladesh: A Study from a Spatial Perspective”,
Paper presented at the Conference on Ideas and Innovations for the Development of Bangladesh: The
Next Decade, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA (October 9-10).
- Iversen, Vegard and Richard Palmer-Jones (2008) “Literacy Sharing, Assortative Mating, or What?
Labour Market Advantages and Proximate Illiteracy Revisited”, The Journal of Development Studies, Vol.
44, No. 6 (July), pp. 797-838.
- Kabeer, Naila and Simeen Mahmud (2009) “Imagining the Future: Children, Education and
Intergenerational Transmission of Poverty in Urban Bangladesh”, IDS Bulletin, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 10-21.
- Khaled, Shafi A. (2009) “A Proposal for the Primary Vocational Education Portion of a Two-tiered
Vocational Education System serving Informally Educated Students and Potential Dropouts”, Paper
presented at the Conference on Ideas and Innovations for the Development of Bangladesh: The Next
Decade, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA (October 9-10).
- Khan, Halimur R. (2009) “Population Growth Projections for Bangladesh from 2000 to 2025: Policy
Implications for Education”, Journal of Bangladesh Studies, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 25-35.
- Khanam, Rasheda (2008) “Child labour and school attendance: evidence from Bangladesh”, International
Journal of Social Economics, Vol. 35, Nos. 1/2, pp. 77-98.
- Maekawa, Tsukasa (2010) Keeping Education's Promise | Manila, The Philippines: Asian Development
Bank (ADB), Media Center, Feature Stories (July 15); http://www.adb.org/documents/feature-
- Monzoor, Shahorin and Dewan Muhammad Humayun Kabir (2008) Primary Education in Bangladesh --
Streams, Disparities and Pathways for Unified System, Dhaka, Bangladesh: Unnayan Onneshan - the
- Moore, Anna C.; Sadika Akhter; and Frances E. Aboud (2008) “Evaluating an improved quality preschool
program in rural Bangladesh”, International Journal of Educational Development, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 118-
- Oulai, Dramane and Isabel da Costa (eds.); Dilruba Begum; Radha Raman Bhoumick; and Md. Zafar
Ullah Khan (2009) Education budgeting in Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka -- Resource management for
prioritization and control (Paris, France: International Institute for Educational Training).
- Rose, Pauline (2009) “NGO provision of basic education: alternative or complementary service delivery to
support access to the excluded?“, Compare, Vol. 39, No. 2 (March), pp. 219-233.
- Sakurai, Keiko and Fariba Adelkhah (eds.) (forthcoming) Moral economy of the madrasa : Islam and
education today (Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, N.Y. : Routledge, forthcoming, 2011).
- Sarker, Profulla and Gareth Davey (2009) “Exclusion of indigenous children from primary education in the
Rajshahi Division of northwestern Bangladesh”, International Journal of Inclusive Education, Vol. 13, No. 1
(February), pp. 1-11.
- Shafiq, M. Najeeb (2009) “A reversal of educational fortune? Educational gender gaps in Bangladesh”,
Journal of International Development, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 137-155.
- Taposh, Deen and Zhenjiang Lin (2009) “Returns to Education: Estimates from Two Countries”, available
at website of Social Science Research Network (SSRN).
- Uddin, Layli; Manzoor Ahmed; and Altaf Hossain (2009) Child labour and education in Bangladesh :
current practices and policy recommendations (Geneva, Switzerland: International Labour Office (ILO)).
- World Bank (2008) Bangladesh - Post-Literacy and Continuing Education for Human Development
Project, (Washington, DC, USA: World Bank, Implementation Completion and Results Report, No. ICR795
- World Bank (2008) Education for All in Bangladesh: Where Does Bangladesh Stand in Achieving the EFA
Goals by 2015? (Washington, DC, USA: World Bank, Bangladesh Development Series (BDS), Paper No.
- World Bank (2009) Bangladesh - Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project (Washington, DC, USA:
World Bank, Report No. 44827 (Project Appraisal Document, February)).
- World Bank (2010) Bangladesh - Primary Education Development Program Project (Washington, DC,
USA: World Bank, Project Information Document, No. AB5680; April).
- World Bank (2010) Bangladesh - Primary Education Development Support Project (Washington, DC,
USA: World Bank, Integrated Safeguards Data Sheet, No. AC5354; August).