- Ahmed, Tanvir M.D.; Claudia Meierhans; and Simon Julius Smend (2009) Arsenic in the
Groundwater - Poisoning of a Nation; Available at website of Social Science Research Network
- Ahuja, Satinder (ed.) (2009) Handbook of Water Purity and Quality; New York, USA: Elsevier
(esp. Ch. 5: 5. Sampling and Analysis of Arsenic in Groundwater in West Bengal-India and
- Anjum, Sadiya; Deepti Gautam; Bhuvanesh Gupta; and Saiqa Ikram (2009) Arsenic Removal
from Water: An Overview of Recent Technologies; IUP Journal of Chemistry (The), Vol. 2, No. 3
(September), pp. 7-52.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) (2009) Khulna Water Supply Project; Manila, The Philippines:
Asian Development Bank (ADB), Initial Poverty and Social Assessment, Project No. 42171
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) (2009) Participatory Small-Scale Water Resources Sector
Project; Manila, The Philippines: Asian Development Bank (ADB), Loan Agreement (BAN 39432;
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) (2009) Proposed Loan and Administration of Loan People’s
Republic of Bangladesh: Participatory Small-Scale Water Resources Sector Project; Manila, The
Philippines: Asian Development Bank (ADB), Report and Recommendation of the President to
the Board of Directors, Project No. 39432 (August).
- Bagchi, Suvagata; A. K. Azad; M. Alomgir; Z. Chowdhury; M. Amin Uddin; Sharif M. Al-Reza; and
Atiqur Rahman (2009) Quantitative Analysis of Pesticide Residues in Some Pond Water
Samples of Bangladesh; Asian Journal of Water, Environment and Pollution, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 27-
- Biswas, Asit K.; R. Rangachari; and Cecilia Tortajada (eds.) (2009) Water resources of the Indian
subcontinent; New Delhi, India and New York, USA: Oxford University Press (especially Part III,
- Brammer, Hugh and Peter Ravenscroft (2009) Arsenic in groundwater: A threat to sustainable
agriculture in South and South-east Asia; Environment International, Vol. 35, No. 3 (April), pp. 647-
- Cai, X. L. and B.R. Sharma (2010) Integrating remote sensing, census and weather data for an
assessment of rice yield, water consumption and water productivity in the Indo-Gangetic river
basin; Agricultural Water Management, Vol. 97, No. 2 (February), pp. 309-316.
- Evans, Alexandra and Samyuktha Varma (2009) Practicalities of participation in urban IWRM:
Perspectives of wastewater management in two cities in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh; Natural
Resources Forum, Vol. 33, No. 1 (February), pp. 19-28.
- Figoli, Alberto; Alfredo Cassano; Alessandra Criscuoli; M. Salatul Islam Mozumder; M. Tamez
Uddin; M. Akhtarul Islam; and Enrico Drioli (2010) Influence of operating parameters on the
arsenic removal by nanofiltration; Water Research, Vol. 44, No. 1 (January), pp. 97-104.
- Fontein, Maarten; James Webster; and Paul Trawick (2010) Multiple-use water supply systems:
do the claims stack up? Evidence from Bangladesh; Waterlines, Vol. 29, No. 1 (January), pp. 52-
- Halim, M. A.; R. K. Majumder; S. A. Nessa; Y. Hiroshiro; M. J. Uddin; J. Shimada; and K. Jinno
(2009) Hydrogeochemistry and arsenic contamination of groundwater in the Ganges Delta Plain,
Bangladesh; Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 164, No. 2-3 (May), pp. 1335-1345.
- Harisha, R. S.; K. M. Hosamani; R. S. Keri; S. K. Nataraj; and T. M. Aminabhavi (2010) Arsenic
removal from drinking water using thin film composite nanofiltration membrane; Desalination, Vol.
252, Nos. 1-3 (March), pp. 75-80.
- Hasan, M. Aziz; Prosun Bhattacharya; Ondra Sracek; Kazi Matin Ahmed; Mattias von Brömssen;
and Gunnar Jacks (2009) Geological controls on groundwater chemistry and arsenic mobilization:
Hydrogeochemical study along an E–W transect in the Meghna basin, Bangladesh; Journal of
Hydrology, Vol. 378, Issues 1-2 (November ), pp. 105-118.
- Hill, Jason; Faisal Hossain; and Amvrossios C. Bagtzoglou (2009) Zonal management of arsenic
contaminated ground water in Northwestern Bangladesh; Journal of Environmental Management,
Vol. 90, No. 12 (September), pp. 3721-3729.
- Iqbal, M. T. (2009) Groundwater Arsenic Variations in Bangladesh: The Role of Depth, Seasons,
Locations and Age of Tube Wells; Asian Journal of Water, Environment and Pollution, Vol. 6, No.
4, pp. 73-78.
- Islam, Nazria and Zakia Naznin (2009) Promoting the Role of Women in Coping with Water Crisis
in Saline-prone and Drought-prone Areas of Bangladesh; Presentation made at the 3rd
International Conference on Community Based Adaptation (CBA) to Climate Change, Dhaka,
Bangladesh (February 18-24).
- Jones, S. A. and C. Silva (2009) A practical method to evaluate the sustainability of rural water
and sanitation infrastructure systems in developing countries; Desalination, Vol. 248, Nos. 1-3
(November), pp. 500-509.
- Joshi, N.; X. Wang; L. Montgomery; A. Elfick; and C. E. French (2009) Novel approaches to
biosensors for detection of arsenic in drinking water; Desalination, Vol. 248, Nos. 1-3 (15
November), pp. 517-523.
- Maddison, David; Eleanor Field; Zubaida Choudhury; and Unai Pascual (2009) Trading-off health
risk and latency: Evidence from water pollution in Bangladesh; Cambridge, UK: University of
Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, Environmental Economy and Policy Research,
Discussion Paper Series, No. 45.2009.
- McIntosh, Arthur (2009) Bangladesh: Supporting the Establishment of the Khulna Water Supply
and Sewerage Authority; Manila, The Philippines: Asian Development Bank (ADB), Technical
Assistance Consultant’s Report (Diagnostic Report), Project No. 42171 (18. July).
- Meran, Georg and Christian von Hirschhausen (2009) Increasing Block Tariffs in the Water
Sector: A Semi-Welfarist Approach; Berlin, Germany: Deutsches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung
(DIW), DIW Discussion Paper No. 902 (June).
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark, Embassy of Denmark in Dhaka (2009) Climate Change
Adaptation & Disaster Risk Reduction Screening, Management Plan and Subsequent Project
Proposals of Danida Supported Agricultural Sector and Water Supply and Sanitation Sector
Programme Support (Phases II) for Bangladesh; Dhaka, Bangladesh: Embassy of Denmark,
Final Inception Report (January).
- Muradian, Roldan; Bishwa Tiwari; Abu Jafar Shamsuddin; and Laia Domenech (2009) The South
Asian Experience -- Financial Arrangements for Facilitating Local Participation in WSS
Interventions in Poor Urban Areas: Lessons from Bangladesh and Nepal; In: José Esteban Castro
and Léo Heller (eds.) Water and Sanitation Services -- Public Policy and Management (London,
UK and Sterling, VA, USA: Earthscan Publications), pp. 292-306 (Chapter 18).
- Murphy, Heather M.; Edward A. McBean; and Khosrow Farahbakhsh (2009) Appropriate
technology – A comprehensive approach for water and sanitation in the developing world;
Technology in Society, Vol. 31, No. 2 (May), pp. 158-167.
- Nishat, Bushra and S. M. Mahbubur Rahman (2009) Water Resources Modeling of the Ganges-
Brahmaputra-Meghna River Basins Using Satellite Remote Sensing Data; JAWRA Journal of the
American Water Resources Association, Vol. 45, No. 6 (December), pp. 1313-1327.
- Norton, Dawn M.; Mahfuz Rahman; Andi L. Shane; Zahid Hossain; Roy M. Kulick; Mahbubul I.
Bhuiyan; M. Abdul Wahed; Mohammad Yunus; M. Siraj Islam; Robert F. Breiman; Alden
Henderson; Bruce H. Keswick; and Stephen P. Luby (2009) Flocculant-disinfectant point-of-use
water treatment for reducing arsenic exposure in rural Bangladesh; International Journal of
Environmental Health Research, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 17-29.
- Ohno, K.; Y. Matsuo; T. Kimura; T. Yanase; M. H. Rahman; Y. Magara; T. Matsushita; and Y.
Matsui (2009) Effect of rice-cooking water to the daily arsenic intake in Bangladesh: results of
field surveys and rice-cooking experiments; Water Science and Technology, Vol. 59, No. 2, pp.
- Orda, Evelyn (2009) Bangladesh: Supporting the Establishment of the Khulna Water Supply and
Sewerage Authority; Manila, The Philippines: Asian Development Bank (ADB), Technical
Assistance Consultant’s Report (Financial Assessment), Project No. 42171 (Final Report, TA
7223 - BAN; November).
- Rabbani, M. D. Golam; A. Atiq Rahman; and Khandaker Mainuddin (2009) Women's vulnerability
to water-related hazards: comparing three areas affected by climate change in Bangladesh;
Waterlines, Vol. 28, No. 3 (July), pp. 235-249.
- Rahman, Mohammad M.; Bhaskar Das; and Dipankar Chakraborti (2009) Sampling and Analysis
of Arsenic in Groundwater in West Bengal, India, and Bangladesh; In: Satinder Ahuja (ed.)
Handbook of Water Purity and Quality (Amsterdam: Elsevier), pp. 95-130.
- Rahman, Wakilur (2009) Ground Water Irrigation and Command Area Management: The Role of
Indigenous Social Institution in Indo-Gangetic Basin of Bangladesh; Available at website of Social
Science Research Network (SSRN).
- Rana, M. D. Sohel (2009) Status of water use sanitation and hygienic condition of urban slums: A
study on Rupsha Ferighat slum, Khulna; Desalination, Vol. 246, Nos. 1-3 (30. September), pp.
- Reza, A. H. M. Selim; Jiin-Shuh Jean; Huai-Jen Yang; Ming-Kuo Lee; Brian Woodall; Chia-Chuan
Liu; Jyh-Fu Lee; and Shang-De Luo (2010) Occurrence of arsenic in core sediments and
groundwater in the Chapai-Nawabganj District, northwestern Bangladesh; Water Research, Vol.
44, No. 6 (March), pp. 2021-2037.
- Saha, S. K.; Uthpal Kumar; and Masudur Rahman (2009) An Assessment of Groundwater
Chemistry of Barind Tract in Bangladesh with Special Reference to Carbonate Weathering; Asian
Journal of Water, Environment and Pollution, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 51-58.
- Shahid, Shamsuddin (2009) Spatial assessment of groundwater demand in Northwest
Bangladesh; International Journal of Water, Vol. 5, No. 3 (December), pp. 267-283.
- Smith, B. D.; G. Braulik; S. Strindberg; R. Mansur; M. A. Diyan; and B. Ahmed (2009) Habitat
selection of freshwater-dependent cetaceans and the potential effects of declining freshwater
flows and sea-level rise in waterways of the Sundarbans mangrove forest, Bangladesh; Aquatic
Conservation, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 209-225.
- Sultana, Farhana (2009) Community and participation in water resources management:
gendering and naturing development debates from Bangladesh; Transactions of the Institute of
British Geographers, Vol. 34, No. 3 (July), pp. 346-363.
- Sutton, Nora B.; Geert M. van der Kraan; Mark C. M. van Loosdrecht; Gerard Muyzer; Johannes
Bruining; and Ruud J. Schotting (2009) Characterization of geochemical constituents and
bacterial populations associated with As mobilization in deep and shallow tube wells in
Bangladesh; Water Research, Vol. 43, No. 6 (April), pp. 1720-1730.
- Tigno, Cezar (2009) Country Water Action: Bangladesh -- Breaking a Dirty Old Habit; Manila, The
Philippines: Asian Development Bank (ADB), website resource (http://www.adb.
- Tsuzuki, Y.; Thammarat Koottatep; and Md. Mafizur Rahman (2009) Water Quality Profiles of the
Tidal Rivers and Canal in Peri-urban Areas of Bangkok, Thailand, and Dhaka, Bangladesh,
Focusing on the Water Quality Transition in Coastal Areas; Journal (of the) Japan Society on
Water Environment, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 47-52.
- United Nations, World Water Assessment Programme (2009) The United Nations World Water
Development Report 3 -- Water in a Changing World; London, UK and Sterling, VA, USA:
Earthscan Publications, especially the Bangladesh case study in Volume 2.
- World Bank (2009) Bangladesh - Chittagong Water Supply Improvement and Sanitation Project;
Washington, DC, USA: World Bank, Project Information Document, No. AB4930 (July).
- World Bank (2009) Bangladesh - Chittagong Water Supply Improvement and Sanitation Project;
Washington, DC, USA: World Bank, Integrated Safeguards Data Sheet, No. AC4577 (July).
- Zahra, Naseem; Shahid T Sheikh; Ansar Mahmood; and Khalid Javed (2009) Removal of Arsenic
From Wastewater Using Bentonite; Bangladesh Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, Vol.
44, No. 1, pp. 81-86.